Closed Board for Farriery Politics

problems or suggestions on using this board

Moderators: PNB, admin

john ford

Closed Board for Farriery Politics

Postby john ford » Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:48 pm

Martin do you think it would be a good idea to have a Closed Board for Farriery Politics. I'm getting a little sick and tired of persons such as Dawn and other non registered farriers expressing their views on such topics, when they have no idea of the complexity within our trade and, at the same time are not in a position to do anything about it.
Could we not have a board set up so that you couldn’t enter unless you submitted your full name and registration number. Then if one wanted to know the depth of feeling on a particular subject, taking a vote would let you know that it has come only from registered farriers within the trade.

Postby sooty » Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:12 pm

I think John has a valid point here and agree with him it would show how us registered farriers felt.

Regards, sooty.

Dawn Tibble

Postby Dawn Tibble » Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:29 pm

I am sorry you feel like that John. It is a pity that you want to keep everything so closed ranks.

It is a secret service you are wanting then?

Nothing is stopping all registered farriers from having their say, although for what I can tell it is only a select few that post and some have no valid input even though they are registered farriers.

Maybe you should join ranks with the USA and only allow farriers to post on the farriers board, if you want to be like them anyway. But I feel it would probably be the demise of the horses mouth as a discussion forum.

The owners board has not had any interesting discussion for ages from non farriers, as you like to call it, and closing farrier ranks will only make non farriers feel they are being left in the dark.

Is this how you want horseowners and trainers to feel?

Pity as we all have a common interest, the horse and the service that professionals provide for the horse, which includes farriers.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:34 pm

I think that a closed board would probably be too quiet. It is not as if non farriers have taken over, Dawn at least usually has something useful to say. We all have to be a bit tolerant at times.

Postby PNB » Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:46 pm

You already have a secure board to speak farrier politics, it is only open to identifiable horseshoers, however any silly postings are removed and placed in a non secure area.

I would favour ANOTHER secure board if it is wanted by UKHSU MEMBERS. I would also wish all the others boards to remain open for all to read and contribute.

Dawn, it matters little where you post you will be replied to in the same manner as at present. John is currently a craft guest and not a member. Associate membership is open to ALL, bearing in mind the current moves by the RCVS to involve other technicians under their review, Equine dentists, Chiropractors, Physios and Equine Behaviourists, I don't suppose any will pass then by, thus input from as many of equine sources would be welcomed by me in order to form a correct overview.

Postby csc » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:07 am

whats wrong with non farriers posting its good to get an outside view it stops you from being blinkered and it aint rocket science we are discussing is it john

john ford

Postby john ford » Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:42 pm

Point taken Craig. Now where is that script you were going to let me have, or do you want me to carry on in my own words for you then to edit everything apart from Dear Sir?

Return to “feedback”