Spam on this Site

problems or suggestions on using this board

Moderators: PNB, admin

john ford

Spam on this Site

Postby john ford » Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:16 am

Maybe the time has come that anyone posting on this site must register first, in order to stop these sad people mucking it up for all of us. What are your views on this Admin ?

csc

c.s.c

Postby csc » Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:11 pm

we are open to all who want to coment john but i do think admin must censor non farriery spams.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:53 pm

At present you have to register to post. This is because I spent at least half an hour deleting about 50 spam messages recently from non registered spammers. However we are still getting spam postings from people who register. There is not much I can do about this except to upgrade the software so that you have to enter a code in order to register. I might get round to this eventually but it is not foolproof and the current level of spam is manageable. I do regret not allowing anonymous postings but there is no alternative at the moment.

admin
Site Admin

spam

Postby admin » Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:05 pm

You now have to enter a visual code to register which should help to cut down on the spam some more.

admin
Site Admin

spammers

Postby admin » Mon May 08, 2006 8:33 pm

I have made it harder for spammers, they now have to activate their account as well as enter a visual code.

I have deleted about 300 spammers from the memberlist. Hopefully no genuine members have been removed but if you have been deleted inadvertently then please accept my apologies and reregister.

Thanks, Admin.

Return to “feedback”