Farrier Training Agency

this forum is mainly for farriers - all are welcome but don't enter if you are easily offended!

Moderator: admin

admin
Site Admin

Farrier Training Agency

Postby admin » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:35 pm

At the FRC meeting on 11th June 2008 it was reported that an ATF had been suspended, it is understood following the referral of an apprentice from college, however he or she is seeking a judicial review.

Any information would be appreciated as we have knowledge of several instances where the FTA has been seemingly aggressive and dishonest towards ATF's.

fatfarrier

Postby fatfarrier » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:41 pm

I know the farrier concerned and although he is reluctant to speak in any detail, I gather that the FTA did suspend him as an ATF. He then sought a judical review over the lawfulness and due process that appeared absent in the decision making.

FTA have since paid the ATF in question a substancial sum to withdraw the review and reinstated the ATF status with immediate effect, plus, within this "agreement" FTA paid the ATF's legal bills totaling thousands of pounds. 8O

mr p

Postby mr p » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:00 pm

Good for him, it just goes to show yet again they (FTA) are in the wrong. They tried to do it to my apprentice, case still going so cannot say to much!!

PNB

ATF's compensation.

Postby PNB » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:24 pm

All,

I have been able to establish, that sadly the content of "fatfarriers" contribution is a fact. Seemingly, this was a matter that had been under consideration during the previous stewardship of FTA, please note the date of admin's initial posting, 14th June 2008.

Further, it has led to a complete overhaul of the appeals system within apprentice college referrals. A matter that is currently going through process.

As and if more information comes into focus, I will keep you all in the loop.

PNB.

Italian stallion

Postby Italian stallion » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:06 pm

All,

Point here this would never have gone down this road in the first place. The previous director of FTA thought he was solisitor barriter judge and jury rolled in one, he made the rules as he went along spent goverment funding on something like this. Wonder how the accounts managed to hide that one ??????????????????????.

Regards,

E.W.

p.s,

I feel for Peter Ablett because he's been left a real mess here every witch way turns there's a new bomb waiting for him a little gift from the previous DIRECTOR!! he has my sympathy.

PNB

Storm CLOUDS!!

Postby PNB » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:41 am

EW,

Sorry I haven't considered the respective cost element in any depth.

Interesting comment about the payment of this ATFs compensation and costs. I suppose as you imply, this money must have come from the training budget. I don't feel the FRC/FTA legal indemnity policy would have covered this scenario, as it isn't quite a legal action in the true sense of the word!! But I don't really know and until last night I was totally out of the loop regarding this matter.

Interestingly, I have just been involved [as a winger] in the redraft of the rules and procedures of FRC. It is difficult to see how the agreement to settle or authorisation for payment of the sums of money most probably involved, [Quote fatfarrier, " the ATF's legal bills totaling thousands of pounds" End quote], could be authorised other than by "FULL COUNCIL", which to date and to my knowledge has not happened. [Please remember I am excluded form getting such detail].

I have viewed to rules of council in respect of this type of extra ordinary payment, and specifically Appendix 2.3, it is difficult to see any mechanism other than by "Full Council", to authorise or liberate a payment under the circumstances of this thread.

EW, please note the rules of council, Payment of accounts:- rule 97 to 100.

The rules of council are posted on the FRC website.

Comments?? Time for another strategic rethink, maybe??

PNB.

csc

Postby csc » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:34 am

as a elected member on fta and now frc i know nothing of this case one can only presume that council members on frc and fta were not informed this in turn shows that a selected few are pulling the strings and using the respective councils as shields
i do hope i am wrong on this

PNB

A Mass of Potage.

Postby PNB » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:03 am

EW,

When you consider the relevent rules, please be awrae of the provision within "EMERGENCY AND URGENT BUSINESS" about the function of the Chairman of FRC.

I refer you to rules, 169, 170, 173, 174, 175, 176, then most importantly RULE 177, 179, [seemingly which includes FTAMB] ,180, 181. All over seen by the direction within rule 182.

PNB.

Italian stallion

Postby Italian stallion » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:35 am

pnb,

Thank you for the reply to my question, i know you have been away from home for some days, im greatful you made time to answer.

One major factor that i found hard to understand was the payments made to the ATF in question.
Who was responsible for this payment was it FTA or FRC no one outside these two could pinpoint the real culprit so the question was put to pnb to find out for me and presto the cat is out of the bag.
[/quote] PNB, FTA ARE HOLY OWED BY FRC. end quote.

Regards,

E.W.

PNB

Farriery Training Agency is Wholly OWNED BY FRC !!

Postby PNB » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:03 pm

All,

Out of the blue my application to go to "Sefton House", and accompany Stuart and try and establish, how the financial protocols of the spending of the FRC training budget was accepted!! As well as other council protocol matters.

Three areas which are flagged up in many places on these boards are of great concern to me :-

1, How the money ["Fatfarrier suggestion]", had been paid seemingly, without referance to FULL COUNCIL.

2, How the conduit for regular [on an annual basis], payments of substantial monies [now probably totalling in excess of £60k] for apprentice membership of an allied farrier organisation. The payments seemingly made out of the FRC training budget were established, serviced and sanctioned.

Seemingly due to the disclosure that FTA is totally owned by FRC, how was the FRC Manual Financial Procedures observed, and possibly any "Contracted Agreement" with the Farrier Training Funding Agencies similarly observed.

3, How was the disposal of Cove Blacksmithing grant monies, £40k , Established, Serviced and Sanctioned by The Farriers Registration Council.

As part of the complaint raised against me by the then Training Director, Registrar FRC, I had entered in written correspondences with my appointed investigator [appointed by Chairman of FRC], to me his written responses presently seem somewhat fragile.

That was my brief before the meeting on Thursday 19th February 2009.

As a result of the meeting several of my concerns may seem to bear some small elements of credibility.

Future action, I will be writing to the Registrar next week regarding future action which I feel that has to be undertaken.

PNB.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fordy,

Please note following legal advice from our association solicitor, I have now signed an agreement to respect the new proposed amended rules of the FRC. The registrar stated there now is no impediment/barrier to prevent me receiving papers regarding future council meetings.

I have established the "Confines of CONFIDENTIALITY" which have changed considerably since the council secretary left office. I have established when I get meeting papers, I am free to discuss in broard terms any content that will impact on the working craft, in order to seek the craft's guidence on how they wish me to proceed.

I have also signed up to the Nolan Principles, so I am obliged to answer all craft enquiries regarding any matters in which I am involved on FRC.

I have also agreed, to disclose any personal interests before becoming involved in council debates and decisions. This, I chose to do at the respective time matters are formally raised before FRC or FTAC, rather than by pre-meeting blanket disclosure. Which is something accepted on Thursday, by both the Registrar FRC, a fellow member of FRC and The Chair of Disiplinary Committee of FRC, who were all present at Sefton House .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EW, I hope this helps you.

PNB.

PNB

Historical posting!!

Postby PNB » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:19 pm

Fordy,

Is The Claret still on offer. Watch this space!!

PNB.

Start Quote,"john ford. I also have here in safe keeping a case of best red wine, which I will be pleased to give to you along with an apology from myself, IF you prove me wrong and change the FRC policy by not signing the confidentiality agreement and still remain as a member sitting around the FRC table debating all subjects. GOOD LUCK". End Quote.

PNB.

john ford

Postby john ford » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:48 pm

The Claret is still here Peter, but let's not waste it just yet, until I see proof that rules that have changed don't just lead to the goalposts being moved which gives the same outcome, with you left in the dark.

PNB

Postby PNB » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:14 pm

WATCH THIS SPACE.

Return to “farriers discussion board”