stuart craigs resignation

this forum is mainly for farriers - all are welcome but don't enter if you are easily offended!

Moderator: admin

csc

stuart craigs resignation

Postby csc » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:16 pm

i have decided to resign with immediate effect from the UKHSA
HOWEVER I WILL STILL POST ON THESE BOARDS unless allowed access

john ford

Postby john ford » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:36 pm

I take it Stuart that you also have seen the more intelligent side of the farriery equation, is as much that you don't bully or scream at these authorities to get submission. But negotiate on level terms, with some helpful advise thrown in occasionally?

mr p

Postby mr p » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:36 am

Stuart sorry you have decided to resign from the UKHSA. A great shame as you have put a lot of hard work into making new paths for farriery. Do you wish to share the reason for your dramatic resignation. You will be sorely missed. :cry:

Italian stallion

Postby Italian stallion » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:35 am

mr p,

Some people think that silence is golden even at the expence of the farriers they should represent, one should not have a private or personel agenda.

Regards,

E.W.

csc

Postby csc » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:10 am

thank you italian stallion that's exactly why i resigned from the UKHSA is a democratic organisation and the majority decisions after being debated should be respected
i personally felt that there was self destruct element from within
progress being made only to be sabotaged on more than one occasion .
i wish to help and promote our craft in a positive manor and felt that serious progress could have been made but was messed up

and i will make no further comments this will be my last posting on this particular subject as i have no intention of a cat fight as i have better thing to do with my time
if you want the reason why i quit ask to see my resignation letter
members can contact me on 07930323263 and i will continue were i can to help and support and to comment on this forum unless stopped

HWiersma

Postby HWiersma » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:32 am

I would like to inform members that I have resigned as the EFFA representative of the UKHSA. My resignation is prompted by the realisation that the UKHSA Committee cannot achieve its agreed objectives and serve members’ best interests when having agreed a course of action in relation to membership of EFFA (at the meeting on 28th July), one committee member is prepared to sacrifice the whole strategy by immediately going against what was agreed and posting their own personal grievances and opinions against other associations and individuals on the discussion board.
In my opinion, there is no room for personal vendettas which undermine the credibility of the UKHSA, or the tasks given by the Committee to a Committee member; for example, my role in representing the UKHSA in its application for EFFA membership. I am not prepared to attend the UKHSA at the AGM in Stockholm to present the UKHSA as a credible organisation with a positive contribution to make towards the craft of farriery, when they only have to refer to our own website to show me that it is not the case.
I am saddened by this whole event, but to achieve anything positive it is necessary to work together, with other organisations if necessary and not to destroy ourselves from within. Being part of EFFA is an important part of being an organisation that is taken seriously and does not just stand on the sidelines hurling abuse.

john ford

Postby john ford » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:34 pm

Did you understand that Peter, or do you need it in braille ?

Return to “farriers discussion board”