Snouts in the Trow. Fordy, today's daily RANT!! Bad night.

this forum is mainly for farriers - all are welcome but don't enter if you are easily offended!

Moderator: admin

PNB

Snouts in the Trow. Fordy, today's daily RANT!! Bad night.

Postby PNB » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:08 am

All,

Following the postings of the last few months, and now a couple of your Craft Elected members have been able/allowed to get a look under the carpet, I have to ask "HOW DID WE GET INTO THIS POSITION"?? or "WERE WE LED INTO IT"??

Outside of critical farrier agencies, being enabled to consume vital funding, acting seemingly without referance to the members of the farriers own supervisory "REGISTRATION BODY". How can a third party agency without those reverences, destroy/undermine/close down a training facility and endanger a training infrastructure, " SO HOW"??

BEHEST are not the only ones to be gifted extraordinary power, but by whom?? Given or Stolen??

We have the powers of BEHEST and their muscle flexing. Then of course LANTRA, if they don't approve "OUR CRAFTS" National Occupational Standards,Training Funding for Farrier TRAINING Collapses. They approve the STANDARDS, so what are we getting?? A system so foreign to what farriers in the 21st century actually do by way of occupation/trade, the colleges can't actually afford to deliver a sufficent level of training. So what, seemingly then one of the colleges gets closed, "GREAT USING THE POWER" isn't it", but to what end?? for the sake of power maybe?? maybe to justify an existence??

It don't seemingly end there, DEFRA tell us we have to admit untrained uncertified as examined, overseas farriers to take away UK work from UK workers, with stringent rules to be enforced against UK residents, faced with a hugely differing levels of skills needed to prove EU competence. Then what happens FRC get to pickup a £32k bill for a failed prosecution against a EU resident [More when more is known]. More funding down the drain this time to the SOLICITORS and Court systems!! What for?? maybe to justify existances yet again??

Then the WCF on the face of it offering a certification service to farriers, then charging double the cost of delivery for this service.

And of course finally EFFA and NAFB&AE nibbling away at our very Register of Farriery, in order to get us onto their EU version, and "Drink from that magic COW"??

So how many other smaller parasitic groups are feeding from the "CASH COW" Farrier, here in the UK ??

It looks as though the CPD administrative infrastructures are even getting in line!! that however maybe be coming directly from the recipients "THE BLUE COLLAR WORKING MEN'S" pockets, who all seem yto be doing to well at the moment. Well do you agree it's RIGHT??

Anyone??

PNB.

Italian stallion

Postby Italian stallion » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:22 am

PNB,
One man was has istigated of all these little spin off committes and boy is he rubbing his hands now.
He wants one registration body to cover all of the EU AND HE WILL GET HIS WAY COME HELL OR HIGH WATER .

Regards,

E.W.

PNB

Paraqsites and Remedies. Host Animal and Drug Culture.

Postby PNB » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:15 am

EW,

Central Funding. The start of this was a Drug LSD, [£, Shillings and D (pence)] social use maybe, until the first SNORT of Crack Charlie!! Hooked there after.

The remedies, well there is only one actually, an ANTHELMIC which will leave all the parasites in a steaming emulsion on the stable [maybe unstable] floor. The alternative which isn't an alternative really, is to let the parasites remain and consume the host body, [closure of our training facility was the trigger], leaving both the animal [farriers] and the parasites to die together!!

The question:- Is the registration training bodies of farriery so debilitated that it can live after the inflicted induced weakness of a sufficent Anthelmic ??

EW, as you say above that is very doubtful. It seems it will be Ashes to Ashes Dust to Dust for UK Farrier Registration. Sadly for the parasites, the system may well die leaving them to starve inside a dead host, yet the 2650 elements [the working craft] which make it up won't die, they will still shoe horses, irrespective.

My feelings which could be:- A heart felt gift to the UK government, give us the blue collar workmen back control over our own craft and its young employees, it will save you £2m a year, remember employee farrier trainees numbers are finite, the numbers are set by demand, with your funding having no influence apart from keeping administrative bums on seats. Let the parasites that are using vast quantities of our public money, perish through lack of funding. Maybe its to late to save farrier registration, if that is how it is. I would have to say things farriery are such a BOLLOCKS, bring it on baby.

"Join the cause!!" and save what little we can.

PNB.

john ford

Postby john ford » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:38 pm

And a big Sunday YAUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN to you all.

PNB

Shooting the messenger is easy.

Postby PNB » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:09 am

EW,

I am again mindful of a quote within Mien Kampf here: "Give us control, we will give you the jobs".

Maybe you are right that one man holds the responsibility to all these UK farriery burdens/problems, but is it the one you are flagging up?? if it is he who I think you cite, remember it is easy to shoot an employee/messenger!!, but if a control element existed/exists there maybe is a need to find those that controlled or control the employee/messenger!!

I feel that an element of control is still in place out there, I have had it used against me, [and my costs for being a member of FRC have never been settled]. I understand Stuart is experiencing similar central pressure currently.

The big picture as you flag up could well be a desire for UK dominance within Europe. Remember Mien Kampf??

My caution, Caveat Emptor!!

PNB.

PNB

Parasites, Anthelmics.

Postby PNB » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:30 am

Quote above:-"EW, as you say above that is very doubtful. It seems it will be Ashes to Ashes Dust to Dust for UK Farrier Registration. Sadly for the parasites, the system may well die leaving them to starve inside a dead host, yet the 2650 elements [the working craft] which make it up won't die, they will still shoe horses, irrespective".

Well no one seems to want to express a feeling here!!

The central "Body Politic Farriery", according to my several contacts over the last few days all AGREE, "that bunch of "Old Boys", non able working men, feel that farriers by paying their mortgages and feeding their kids" are doing to well, [compared with when they could working] !! Seemingly as a consequence, "the Blue Collar Craft need taxing", and charged for unnecessary services, ostensibly to maintain unecessary administrative structures. My contacts are mindful of the fact, no matter what 2650 men will still be shoeing horses in the UK whilst horses need shoeing, ADMINISTRATION structures or not!!

At the TORY conferance yesterday, we heard the next government want UK citizens to start their own businesses, My opinion: with out Small Business Restarts, we as a country are in trouble, as the current laws and infrastructures, have made it virtually impossible to employ!! The current government have put so many bums on non productive administrative seats that traditional big industry can't cope and has or is dying or has died, "NO MORE TAX REVENUE"!!

To what end has this happened, to finance administrator, in order for them to justify their own existence. It has to stop or the country will starve!! We don't have to put up with this within our CRAFT!! THE MAJORITY s[save 200] simply WORK ALONE with our own client base, and don't need extra SUPER TAXES!!.

PNB.

csc

Postby csc » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:00 pm

nobody wants to express a feeling here thats because no one has a clue what your rant is

PNB

If they pay the money, we consent to abuse inflicted on us??

Postby PNB » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:38 pm

CSC,

Profession. [more like the oldest one!!].

You may not understand, but up to a dozen that have been in contact directly, do!!

The quangos, LANTRA, , EFFA/NAFB&AE [on all europeans!!], BEHEST, DEFRA, WCF, FTAMB, CPD-SG [parasitic by their very existence] are ruling our craft, forcing their desires and ideals upon UK and European working craftsmen and closing down our UK training colleges, and without the craft getting a democratic look in.

Is that clearer?? The question, why do the "Blue Collar Craft allow" them to inflict theses abuses upon it??

Come on Fordy you surely have a stand point!!

PNB.

john ford

Postby john ford » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:19 pm

I don't know what the heck your on about Peter. Your lack of ability by using long words that you can't even spell, and the rest of us don't understand, makes me and I expect many others, just turn off.

PNB

Memory failure?? Double, J Ford standards?? Fair play??

Postby PNB » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:25 pm

There you go Fordy,

Whinging on again, as soon as someone else doesn't understand something then asks for clarification. A real vulture, seems to describe your motivation.

What words don't you understand?? Maybe they be misspelled, I seem to recollect you and J got Lord Rowallan kicked off registration council for telling you just that!! and we supported you, WHY did we bother??

PNB.

csc

Postby csc » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:58 am

so peter what do you think of the rules and procedures sent out yesterday

PNB

Work in progress!!

Postby PNB » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:38 am

CSC,

I am on page 9 and have marked up about 50 amendments so far.

I see a major problem with FTA/FRC administering CPD, they cannot it seems do so, as CPD by its very name follows the point of qualification for a REGISTRATION. It in fact comes way after the point of qualification to become registered. Please remember Europe dictated that qualification point is 2 years of regular and gainful employment/practice within the EEC, that is except the area covered by the UK Registration Act, where currently it is and maybe lawfully unfairly so, set at 5 years [but that is another issue].

FTA seemingly [so far into the document] have no such mandate to administer CPD within the draft R & P's!!. To effect a change, within the R & Ps I feel seems unlikely. When consisering this comment, it is worth thinking about the fact, FTA is wholly the property of FRC, so FTA is subject of the constraints by the Farriers Registration Act and its recorded relevent amendments.

PNB.

Sorry Forgy, I don't expect you to follow this, as it is not written for you!!

csc

Postby csc » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:06 pm

peter there gona love you at the next frc meeting i will take my sleeping bag i think the whole thing is becoming a overcomplicated mess there seems so many rules that are meaningless

PNB

Horlicks. The Loaded Dice.

Postby PNB » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:20 pm

CSC,

How right you are!! I feel Felicity will have to withdraw the document due to its complexity and lack of back groung substance and understanding, then do as was agreed a Council some time ago, take it before a working craft considerations Committee, tear and burn about 90% of it and leave it within a far less complex few statements. Presently its loaded rubbish.

PLEASE SEE: Appendix 5 as an example, you and I both sail close to the wind in order to get the working craft a fair representation, the Company Members seem to obstruct democratic craft representations!!

Historically: This can and does happen, if it is so desired the Company or its appointees or the company engaged employees can raise a complaint against elected members of FRC for doing what they said they would do in their election address's, the Company nominated Chairman then recomends to council that a nomonated company investigator, the company appointee investigater refers the FRC member to council for decision. NOTE: The Company hold numerical dominance on FRC, an thus hold sway over all decisions, as well as over what the sanction is to be. A Proper Hearing for council members?? My Ass.

Opinion: Probably the failed promised revamp of appendix 5 before it was ever used again, is this broken promise a resigning matter?? your invited??

PNB.

csc

Postby csc » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:17 am

peter i think you must have written it as i cant understand it no seriously it is long winded and any authority must have this kind of thing you said you have seen 80 errors to date i am struggling to be quite honest you must bear in mind that the wcf was charged with the authority within farriery however if you feel there is or are certain serious points give me a call

PNB

Just out of interest, Section one of the FR Act reads:-

Postby PNB » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:45 am

CSC,

I QUOTE THE ACT, "THE WCF SHALL HAVE THE GENERAL FUNCTION OF SECURING ADEQUATE STANDARDS OF COMPETENCE AND CONDUCT AMONGST PERSONS ENGAGED IN THE SHOEING OF HORSES AND SHALL PROMOTE , ENCOURAGE AND ADVANCE THE ART AND SCIENCE OF FARRIERY AND EDUCATION IN CONNECTION WITH THE SAID ART AND SCIENCE". Stuart that is what it says.

And this is only a GENERAL function, I have tried in the past to get a understanding that they therefore have a"STATUTORY OBLIGATION" within section one, well Linford Christie couldn't run as fast!!, when it was suggested that a percieved [by me] shorfall of general function should lead to statutory answering at law. [You are currently feeling the weight!!]

So where does it say it should do it through numerical influences within FRC, through a livery association or otherwise over the blue collar working craft .

Democratic?? Is a simple question??

PNB.

csc

Postby csc » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:55 am

democratic certainly not .out of touch with the craft yes. filled with people who are not farriers yes . influenced be a minority yes.
but it works peter and farriers in general are happy with things and have a get on with it attitude
however when something close to there heart comes up they do have there say but in the meantime get on with it

PNB

NVQs and training supervision by quangos,"HORLICKS"

Postby PNB » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:04 pm

CSC,

That sums it up.

It works??

I lay out my case:- "It works"?? What with today's massive exam failures, where a parasitic quango closes down the farrier school that we the craft started, ran and utilised on a shoe string budget for all time, and which has produced farriers, ["The Best", by your own admission] with no exam failures for 40+ years.

The farriery political body, which then due to the efforts of a pusher and his contemporaries get a very laudable Company hooked on the drug £sd, then this £sd drug disturbed widely into a parasitic grouping, the training system we the craft and they the company established and the survival of which all of us have fought for, is discredited by these cream skimming incorporated junkie quangos.

It isn't good for farriery, shows the body politic [COMPANY] in an awful and unnecessary bad light, and I [we] surely can't just stand by and watch our hard fought for young entry training system get flushed away, like all drugs in a police raid.

Does the blue collar working craft have to suffer such degradation, this indignity, and we its elected members just stand by and watch, it may suit you but it doesn't suit me or my contemporaries!!

"SHAME", IS THE ONLY WEAPON OPEN TO US to fight with!! and all we can do without a truly viable democratic input, is screem from the roof tops. "Someone HELP us please".

PNB.

csc

Postby csc » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:41 am

i have a friend in a white coat he will help you peter

john ford

Postby john ford » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:56 pm

I am sure The Priory Group could help Peter, if someone could come up with the funds.

macfee

Postby macfee » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:27 pm

Sack a few non farriers that run the outfit with the Great Saleries and maybe there will be some change for others for a quick visit to the Priory,...Stuart ..

PNB

The hovering vulture!!

Postby PNB » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:40 pm

John,

Come on then Fordy, please share your experiences of your connection with, and about your contact with PRIORY, what ever it is.

You seem to be speaking gobbledegook.

PNB.

csc

Postby csc » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:55 am

mcafee most of the salaries you talk about outside those employed directly within the fta come from the wcf a charitable trust. i have looked into reimbursements for those attending committees and the like and with the information given can find no fault or excessive payments i for my part have made the decision after making a claim when i joined the frc not to make any more

PNB

Postby PNB » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:53 am

Stuart,

We must cut the PRIMARY BODY, The Worshipful Company of Farriers some slack, historically a wonderful grouping which I feel do marvelous work for farriery, and have done so for all time, whilst having a great social time. I cite as an example the WCF at their very best, by the way they and other horse sympathetic Lords and Commoners presented our craft in the recent Houses of Lords and Commons debates, it was magnificent. [Note that fordy, when you decide to poke jest.]

From my view point, seemingly it is for the PRIMARY BODY WCF, that needs to examine certain shaded [not open to public views] and controlling aspects ACTIONED within its own membership!! thus making it unnecessary for the Blue Collar Craft to need to debate them. [Glancing through last months FORGE, a decision maybe already taken!!]

PNB.

macfee

Usage of this Site

Postby macfee » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:00 pm

Hey Folks i had to look on page two of google this site is no longer in the forefront....as no one is useing it, come chaps telly is boring horsey matters and shoeing come first regardless how trivial, post away so we dont end up on page 3 well thats a pun that came out the wrong way..Stuart

PNB

Postby PNB » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:12 pm

All,

To get back on the original thread:

It was pointed out to me today regarding the suspension of Hereford Farriery School from taking any new farrier apprentices, that the question has to be asked about the prohibition notice constructed by two BEHEST verifiers;

1, What industry skills did these two have??

2, What industry Knowledge did these two hold.

3 What industry experience did these two have.

[for industry read "FARRIERY"].

The answer will be without doubt be, they were advised by a BHEST employee a registered craftesman!! who also holds a senior honorary post within an advisory grouping within farrier training, surely this must be a concern to all the parties involved.

Another little birds tells me, he is the only one of two "UK farriers", suitably qualified to advise BHEST as a technical EV, the other persons it seems is fully committed within a personnel linked college environment, he is not included as either of those issuing the prohibition notice!!

PNB.

Return to “farriers discussion board”