Easysharp

this forum is mainly for farriers - all are welcome but don't enter if you are easily offended!

Moderator: admin

csc

Easysharp

Postby csc » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:58 am

i was kindly sent on approval a easysharp kit so i dug out a load of old rasps i put them in the container provided and poured in the liquid ,and put the top back on a few minutes later foam was coming out of the little hole on the top of the container ,so i put the container in a bucket.
this morning most of the liquid seems to have come out of its container. i pulled out the rasps and the bottom end seems shiny new and washed them of.
today i will try them and let you know how i get on

john ford

Postby john ford » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:28 pm

Are you happy to be dealing with acids in your workshop Stuart. With the Health & Safety issues around at present, I should be extremely careful if I were you.

csc

Postby csc » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:00 am

thank you john for your comment a good point reading through the safety data sheet it does say.
section 6 collect and contain by normal means and neutralise do not allow to enter drains observe local and state laws
great but does not tell me enough. what is the safe way to dispose of the stuff?
the rasps were tested during the day and the response was not good however to be fair they were the crappiest rasps that we had to start with during the day we did some rasps that were being currently used and i will tell you how we got on with them tomorrow

csc

Postby csc » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:20 am

well everyone seems happy with there rasps ,after trying them yesterday. so clearly it will aid to keep sharp rasps sharp this is exactly what they claim. for best results sharpen your new rasp after a few days use and then keep it sharp by using easysharp liquid once a week. it seemingly has poor results on blunt ones used for say rasping metal

Return to “farriers discussion board”