Training Survey.

this forum is mainly for farriers - all are welcome but don't enter if you are easily offended!

Moderator: admin

PNB

Training Survey.

Postby PNB » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:01 am

All UK Registered Farriers,

You are invited to complete a Apprentice Training Survey, click to download!!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/JWXKPDV

PNB.

PNB

Postby PNB » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:11 am

All.

Have looked at the survey, seems to be a bit of a snooping bollocks, and seems to be all about stelthy intrusion into our private business!!

Mind, it did crashed at page two!!

PNB.

PNB

Postby PNB » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:40 am

The rest of the survey is now on line!!

Still my feelings are that by answering the questions, the implication you are making, is the current training matrix is one that any respondent accepts as being the correct one, which in my case is not a fact.

My feelings being the whole system in place is to keep administrative bums on administrative seats, at a vast cost for little educational benifit to the Sudent/Apprentice!!

The evolved system keeps a large number of perspective employers in position of being unable to EMPLOY, thus has an employment prohibiting effect on our crasft and individual craftsmen's business development.

PNB.

csc

Postby csc » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:11 am

you can say on the survey what a load of bollocks the nfta are but there is one question that's very misleading have you sussed that one out

PNB

Postby PNB » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:36 am

Stuart,

Its you that are saying the FTA is aload of bollocks, they are employees, tasked to do a JOB for a faceless few!! The staff at FTA are undoubtly hard working although since Peter Ablett was sacked, there is no clear referance point for our craft members [that doesn't hang up the phone under challenge!!], I think that may however suit the Faceless Few!! It is simply very difficult to direct any of the ATFs who elected me to anyone in FTA who can/will help them. I am told ATF's get the same negativity even associated by threats!! In fact I have given up trying to satisfy a suitable route!!

My gripe is with the evolved system of out of the work place training I am told about, itms it is business hostile and does it seems not meet young entry employer's buiness needs!!

In workplace elements of injdentured APPRENTICSHIPs undoubtly in the main produce competent craftsmen. The out of worplace beurocratic controls insisted upon by FTA in order to satisfy funding critera is where the bollocks I see lays.

PNB.

csc

Postby csc » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:13 am

well you can say that in the survey and it it independant. did you suss the dodgey question

PNB

Postby PNB » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:19 pm

Stuart,

Many of the questions are DODGY as they cannot be ANSWERED "NO" , without using huge OVERKILL!!.

Yet, it is the first time farriers and ATFs can tell the truth about what they feel about the system of apprentice training and NFTA without fear, as no one has to put thier name to the survey.

I hope our CRAFT does some STRAIGHT TALKING which ECHO's what I get told daily about the SH[one]t they have tomput up with!!

I now!! have a full list of Email addresses of all UK Farriers and as an elected member of FRC will contact them shortly, would you as a fellow elected member of FRC care to contribute to a letter.

PNB.

john ford

Postby john ford » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:45 pm

Gentlemen, you are rattling on as usual with neither of you reading the text put in front of you. This is a survey that should be answered with a level head, certain questions include boxes to make extra comments if required. Like with any survey I have ever had to do, they never give enough range to always answer in the way you would like, but at least with those extra comment boxes, one can put extra views forward, which in this case I have done. Why any person would not wish to put their name to a survey like this, just shows what a pathetic bunch some farriers are, and only gives those people ruling the Farriers Registration Act 1975 more scope to introduce more rules to keep us in check and under their thumb, as some couldn't be trusted, or have the intelligent s to run a piss-up in a brewery?

csc

Postby csc » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:29 pm

q22if cpd became compulsory they could make you attend whatever they wanted
as we well know events organised by the nfta have a small turnout where in contrast those events organised by the likes of coruthers and bfba are usually well subscribed to
john another thing i would not trust lantra as far as i could throw them
but you are right it is our opportunity to to give constructive output

john ford

Postby john ford » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:57 pm

Stewart, the main reason that events are so well attended at seminars organised by Billy Crothers and BAFBA is that the topics are to do with shoeing horses, also you don,t get dignitaries standing around looking important yet knowing nothing about the subject or business in the real world they try and Lord over. Another point to note is that if Government funding were withdrawn we would have no involvement of Lantra?

csc

Postby csc » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:32 am

SPOT ON JOHN

PNB

Re: Training Survey.

Postby PNB » Fri May 24, 2013 5:34 am

Another Old Thread.

Return to “farriers discussion board”