Spring Clinic 2012 at Handmade Shoes UK Ltd

this forum is mainly for farriers - all are welcome but don't enter if you are easily offended!

Moderator: admin

john ford

Spring Clinic 2012 at Handmade Shoes UK Ltd

Postby john ford » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:42 pm

For those of you who missed the free Spring Clinic at Handmade Shoes Ltd head office, I can honestly say it was one of the finest lectures I have ever attended. The subject was on: The Feral Horses Foot - A Comprehensive Study Presented by Brian Hampson (Australia)
Brian Hampson along with Chris Pollitt conducted the most intense and fascinating study of the feral horse.
It would take me at least half a day to explain all the contents of this lecture, but I think it hit home very hard on the small number of Barefoot trimmers who attended both days, that horses hooves in the wild are all shapes and sizes depending on the terrain they live in, and a large number of them were lame. I never realized until this lecture, that Australia has three or four times more wild horses than the USA. Brian Hampson didn't once refer to shoeing as detrimental or even barefoot trimming being detrimental, he just gave the facts as they are, after doing a very extensive research using many independent researchers not knowing what the other persons conclusions were before hand. If you ever get a chance to see this lecture by Brian Hampson don't whatever you do miss it again.

Return to “farriers discussion board”