W.C.F. questionnaire

this forum is mainly for farriers - all are welcome but don't enter if you are easily offended!

Moderator: admin

csc

W.C.F. questionnaire

Postby csc » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:27 pm

the WCF have sent a questionnaire out i wondered if anyone was aware of this. it came through the BFBA.
IT WAS REGARDING FARRIERY TRAINING, peter and i have long campaigned for this subject to be looked at,
and at the BFBA conference this was discussed . i thought Willards statement regarding farriery feeling was spot on and that the majority view was for a move to private apprenticeships. it seems that no one out there is listening as this questionnaire does not touch on sensitive matters and there is no mention of the NFTA
ANY THOUGHTS

Chris Linssner

Re: W.C.F. questionnaire

Postby Chris Linssner » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:58 pm

Stuart
Please look at the questions and answer all to the best of your intentions. If you have further comments use the space provided or send more on an email as invited to do.
There is no mention of the NFTA. This is not a witch hunt.
Did you not read the covering letter? If not then please do so and understand what BFBA, WCF and FRC are trying to achieve.
We are taking the apprenticeship as a clean canvas and trying to see what is the best way forward for the Apprentice, the ATF and the training system as a whole.
This can only be achieved by getting feedback from the whole community and we have started the ball rolling by sending out the questionnaire to ATF's and it will also be in the Forge mag coming out this week i think.
Gary has worked hard on this and if the questionnaire misses out what you think is relevant then please give good feedback as i have said.
We are hoping for good return on these questionnaires but i can tell you now, without feedback ATF's are not going to get the training system they want.
Please everyone who receives one of these questionnaires. Fill it in so we can have a firm foundation to take our apprentices forward with the best training possible.
Chris

csc

Re: W.C.F. questionnaire

Postby csc » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:20 pm

well Chris firstly may i applaud the bfba for there continuing initiative on this matter as farriers spokespersons ,it is good to see this initiative is now being taken seriously.
regarding your NFTA comment This is not a witch hunt i should hope not !!!!! i was addressing the fact of no mention,and as the service provider was rather puzzled
i am more concerned by the WCF taking over everything rather like at the BFBA conference
as a liveryman and someone who serves on the FRC and a member of your organisation the BFBA i am sitting on the fence with a very open mind but as i have said concerned of any possible bias
the questionnaire was very much one sided relating to the ATF, and i am sure Gary spent a lot of time debating the questions with colleagues , but it is being WCF led. the result from the BFBA day was by vast majority a private apprenticeship system i do hope you and your colleagues are going to explore this further with regard to how it will operate and its implication's
whatever happens you have a difficult task ahead i do hope those that led before will listen to new initiative's.

Return to “farriers discussion board”