CPD availability?

this forum is mainly for farriers - all are welcome but don't enter if you are easily offended!

Moderator: admin

Cedric

CPD availability?

Postby Cedric » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:20 pm

As CPD is compulsory for ATF's does anyone know when CPD events are going to be made available nation wide ? And at a reasonable cost !

On checking the CPD website I see that of the 16 events listed for this year, only one ( the Vet. conference - at a cost of over £300 !!! :( ) is north of Birmingham.

Other events such as shoeing competitions seem to limit the maximum number of points per year.

http://www.farrierycpd.org/resources/cpd-points-list/

Say an ATF, duly authorised by one of our colleges, failed ( for whatever reason - personal circumstances etc.) to accumulate the required number of points what would happen? Would he loose his status and the apprentice he had be dismissed? Who is going to decide what sanctions might be imposed - the colleges, FRC, the WCF?

It's time those running the system stopped thinking that the world revolves around the 'Home counties'!

ferrador

Re: CPD availability?

Postby ferrador » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:41 pm

dont know what you are whinging about Cedric , you have your own college on your doorstep , they have their agenda as regarding farrier education , why cant they sell some cpd points ?

Cedric

Postby Cedric » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:59 pm

What on earth are you talking about ?

Cedric

Postby Cedric » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:31 pm

Stumped for words Chris ? :?

csc

Postby csc » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:44 am

this is one of the NFTAs OFSTEAD failings, they are supposed to give ATFs training as part of there money collection which they never did future ATFs will have do do this as part of college funding
cpd has been on the most part a form of private revenue collection with points given willynilly

Chris Linssner

Postby Chris Linssner » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:47 pm

Did you ask me a question Cedric?
I have no problem with CPD. I already do about three times as much as i need to do.
We are a profession and as such need to behave responsibly towards this.
If you are having trouble with finding a CPD venue then why not put one on for yourself. All it takes is a half dozen guys getting together at a forge with a demonstration of anything to do with farriery or farriery business related. We all have a preference for certain things that we enjoy. I did a teaching course at my local college a few years back. A computer course for your business perhaps.
We had a Assoc' meeting the other day that was worth a couple of points each.
i dont know you Cedric or where you live but badger your local association branch to put something on.
If you need a list of ideas i could throw up propably a dozen just sat here now.
Hope this helps.

Chris

ferrador

Postby ferrador » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:58 pm

Cedric you are in lancs , caldwell is down the road , im sure he will take a few quid off you and give you some cpd points , your not far from yorkshire , the midlands , the cpd points are easily gained with not much too much travelling as i see it in England

Cedric

Postby Cedric » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:30 pm

Hi Chris Linssner, sorry, I was not refering to you, anyhow, thanks for your input. :oops:

Return to “farriers discussion board”