Apprentice training !

this forum is mainly for farriers - all are welcome but don't enter if you are easily offended!

Moderator: admin

Cedric

Apprentice training !

Postby Cedric » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:27 pm

Has anyone had any further news on the handover of training to the colleges? It all seems to have gone very quiet! :?

PNB

Re: Apprentice training !

Postby PNB » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:28 am

Cedric,

Stuart's idea which was circulated by Email to known addresses seems to be getting some approval from the craft and OTHERS.

The government have put out a consultation document much more specific in it's wording than the WCF effort, which has to be sent in by last day of August. It regards funding and the outline of future Training, my gut says movement on the 3 college system will probably fail until the outcome of the survey is decided!! especially for new entry. This makes the issue of FRC allowing Farrier Assistants even more CRITICAL . It seems otherwise the present matrix of new entry employees and the colleges may collapse due to this absence of young entry. Once the time tested element [colleges] are gone, can they ever get restarted well in the near future?

https://www.gov.uk/government/consultat ... in-england

Recent communication detail that NFTA it seems are reviewing the ATF statuses of several of our fellow farriers, causing them much worry, it brings with it a strong threat of DISCIPLINARY action and real fear for the future of the farrier's businesses. I ask why?? when the NFTA is to soon be folded, well according to the CHAIR FRC.

If you have a problem you can share it by speaking to our Southern Area FRC Elected Member Councillor Craig, he presently has a Solicitor in tow dealing with the NFTA.

Stuarts Contact detail inside front cover of FORGE.

PNB.

csc

Postby csc » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:39 am

could any ATFs that have received communication regarding the matter please contact me
thank you peter regarding the handover I believe its going ahead

PNB

Re: Apprentice training. Multiple ATF Status Removals.

Postby PNB » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:09 pm

All,

Having suffered the business disruption of being removed from the ATF register after having attained that status by WCF/FRC Formal Examination and Training Multiple a Apprentices and without a single stage failure over about ten years. I therefore accord with Stuart's feelings regarding the several ATF status reviews being presently undertaken by NFTA.

Candidly, I feel it to be appalling that other EMPLOYERS are in danger of being disqualified from the EMPLOYMENT of young entry as I was!! It seems following the failure of OFSTED and SSFA funding withdrawal NFTA are citing others for effecting the OFSTED failure rather than taking total responsibility as OFSTED nominated that it was they the NFTA who needed to shoulder the blame for a lack of management skill amongst other things !!

Stuart is on the case he is working with a legal team where it seems any future costs may be covered by DAS, especially if you insure with NFBA broker E&B its worth a phone call to find out, so please if the ATF review effects you contact him, "ITS URGENT".

PNB.

Cedric

Postby Cedric » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:02 am

Apparently the change over to colleges running the apprentice system will take place on Nov. 1st 2013.

Chris Linssner

Postby Chris Linssner » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:36 pm

All

See facebook page of BFBA to get an update of the Focus day itinery including the Apprentice training forum with talks given by the colleges.

Chris

csc

Postby csc » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:21 pm

well nobody got off there fat arses to go to the BRBA focus day on farriery training has everyone got NFI? I was a very poor turnout and a lot of effort had been made by the association if your not fuckin interested about your future don't winge to me

Chris Linssner

Postby Chris Linssner » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:24 am

Spot on Stuart.

20 ATF's

Nuff said.

Italian stallion

Postby Italian stallion » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:19 pm

Does it not occur to you, that ATF's wish not to listen to the very same dicks that fuck things to start with.

Fresh people fresh ideas, brush all that dead wood to one side.

Regards,
E.W. :grin:

Return to “farriers discussion board”