NFTA.

this forum is mainly for farriers - all are welcome but don't enter if you are easily offended!

Moderator: admin

Cedric

NFTA.

Postby Cedric » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:14 am

Well, the NFTA is now disbanded. Has anything changed yet, will anything change? What are you expecting to see in the way of positive changes - or negative?

Cedric

Re: NFTA.

Postby Cedric » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:58 pm

Has anyone had any word from the colleges as to how they are going to run the system? We haven't had an ATF briefing day in out area yet but I hear that there is already dissent between the colleges as to the level of their co-operation with each other !

Italian stallion

Postby Italian stallion » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:05 pm

There was a meeting at Hereford for ATFs, but as I understand it there was no clear direction for the employer, the college is seemingly going to run as they previously had in the past.
Some things never change no one was listening or even cared about the ATF (employer) the college was only interested in it working for them and basically the rest are on there own.

E.W.

Cedric

Postby Cedric » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:11 pm

E.W.

It would appear that your comments are essentially correct.

From what I have been led to believe the colleges will no longer be offering advice or direction on some aspects of apprenticeships that had previously been handled by the NFTA. For matters such as discipline, wages, holidays, contracts etc. the ATF will be responsible for following the directions laid down by Government and must visit the various web sites ( e.g. ACAS).

There is much more to this than might be first thought, the article in December's Forge magazine highlighted the problems with choosing a contract type and that's only the tip of the iceberg.

It might be the case that we have got rid of some of the NFTA bureaucracy but have lumbered ourselves with more admin. responsibilities!

Return to “farriers discussion board”