FRC MEETING 26 MARCH

this forum is mainly for farriers - all are welcome but don't enter if you are easily offended!

Moderator: admin

csc

FRC MEETING 26 MARCH

Postby csc » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:40 pm

the AGM accounts say we have around £755k in reserves after the demise of the NFTA that has to be commendable thje NFTA making a loss of around £273 k sefton house is up for a cool £245k anyone want to grab a bargain,
The train the trainer seems to be the way colleges want to go forward, more time at college for the ATFs, personally this has to be good for all concerned , ATFs will receive regular visits, mandatory training days, apparently blended learning, day release, twilight sessions, and weekend study sessions all the brainchild of Ms k Kissick of Myescough no more idle weekends in the pub then.

the questions we want you to answer is does barefoot trimming carried out by anyone other than farriers or vets cause welfare issues EVIDENCE REQUIRED
is there a difference between pasture trimming for a shoe and trimming for working a horse barefoot,
if owners are making a informed choice when choosing who should look after there horses hooves
PLEASE WE NEED EVIDENCE AND RESPONSES!!!
THE DEFRA RESPONSE WAS PRETTY CRAP WITH ABOUT 20 FARRIERS ANSWERING THE QUESTIONARE the rest were organisations or non farriers totalling around 48
please think about these questions it is important

I am more than happy to answer any question s you may have

PNB

Re: FRC MEETING 26 MARCH

Postby PNB » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:16 am

Stuart,

Simple question, with reserves of £3/4 m why do FRC have to sell an asset that is wholly owned by our craftsmen, who are through their registration fees the sole contributors to the Farriers Register? The registered working farriers property which is called SEFTON HOUSE.

I know their wholly own satilite NFTA were seemingly CARE NEGILENT by not looking after the APPRENTICES in their care (conclusion drawn from OFSTED and SKILLS funding Agencyies action). I just wonder if there is another significant liability waiting in the wings. Any ideas??

PNB.

csc

Postby csc » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:47 pm

the reason the FRC has decided to sell Sefton house is because only 4 people work for the FRC they are unable to rent it out as commercial property's in Peterborough are on a down they were lucky enough to get a offer.
so at yesterdays meeting we endorsed it
when sold the reserves will be around the £750k mark
sorry peter no hidden agenda or conspiracy theory
FRC OFFICES WILL REMAIN AT SEFTON HOUSE AS THEY HAVE AGREED TO RENT OFFICE SPACE THERE

PNB

Postby PNB » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:24 pm

Stuart,

So you say you decided to sell on a flat bottom market, yet FRC are remaining in Sefton House for the next decade At arent of -£12 k p/a.

Can't rent it out?

Why do you need to rent it out? Switch off the heating up stairs and wait, The depression is over, in a short while things will change, history has proved that many many times over. You will have sold to he REGISTERS gold, just like the last Labour Government did.

Cost? Apply for a temporary rates relief in the mean time!!

I don!to feel maybe you have seen. The big picture yet!

PNB.

Italian stallion

Postby Italian stallion » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:53 pm

Could be they will need that money sooner rather than later with the legal battle coming there way.
E.W.

PNB

Postby PNB » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:00 am

EW,

What do you feel is going down?? I feel we will probably find some common ground!!

PNB.

Italian stallion

Postby Italian stallion » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:22 am

Pub,
When you consider that NFTA was created by Frc/WCF, only to turn out the worst thing to happen to farriery in this country in the last decade, the very same people responsible still keep there jobs at Frc/WCF.

Ofsteads report tells us everything, the mismanagement of a supposed system that never did work leading to some terrible wrong doings to several apprentices from bullying and loss of life.
If you where a mother or father would you not chase Frc/WCF to court, hell I would for there should be real answers, bearing in mind who created NFTA in the first place.

E.w.

PNB

Postby PNB » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:31 am

EW,

It was always a puzzle to me why WCF/FRC created a NFTA Management Board?? I hope. the board had some we'll a lot of legal indemnity if there is not sufficient money to meet a claim/ or claims , (personal liabilities??).

The Board was put in place as the overseeing grouping nominated by WHO?? It wasn't, COUNCIL!!. Maybe it was the WCF. The body politic were warned of their vulnerability both on these boards as well as by both Stuart and myself at Council!!

Please remember I felt so strongly about the craf't's warnings being ignored I resigned my ELECTED post, as it seems have many others NOW.

PNB.

csc

Postby csc » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:25 am

we now have the FRC accreditation panel
Boyd ,Griggs,Barnes where did they spring from I have read through previous minutes and it must be something I have missed, sound to me to be the mini version of the NTFA.
another self appointed authority is the farriery apprenticeship steering group ? AGAIN I MIGHT BE WRONG!!

PNB

Postby PNB » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:58 am

Stuart,

So apart from the initials HAS ANYTHING CHANGED?? Apart from a £1/4 million pound debt??

I am still getting reports of Bullying Intimidation and Threats of Young Entry Employers and Employees WEEKLY!! There has still to be an ELEMENT of Institutional Central Control for these similar levels of oppression to be on going, your last posting explains an lot!!

PNB.

PNB

Postby PNB » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:09 pm

All,
Seems Sefton House was sold for £245K on about 26th March 2014. The new offices in a close by area cost £425K, add the cost of building extensions, carried out by FRC post sale it then seems £230k of consolidated Registration Fees were used up during the office move.
Do I read it correctly??
PNB.

csc

Postby csc » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:57 am

what happened to the 60 k invested that was lost. Also are you telling us that that there is also a loss of 200k in two years

PNB

Postby PNB » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:20 am

Stuart,
Until the Chair of finance is at a meeting the current status of the Stock Exchange investments cannot be checked by committee, hopefully at the meeting n December a question can be raised! In the mean time it seems the stock exchange investment value seems to have improved.
The difference between the sale of Sefton House and the purchase of the new office complex taking into account the Sefton House upgrade and without detail from the chair of finance seems to exceed £200k as you observe.

PNB.

csc

Postby csc » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:30 am

they are so open and transparent secret society

Return to “farriers discussion board”