FRC 19th March 2015.

this forum is mainly for farriers - all are welcome but don't enter if you are easily offended!

Moderator: admin

PNB

FRC 19th March 2015.

Postby PNB » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:25 am

All.

A very fiery meeting with a strong UNION between the recently elected/relected members.

The first item of consequence raised was the poor numbers of farriers prepared to stand for election onto FRC and the poor numbers of farriers who actually VOTED ( 162/2894 = 5.6% ). The registrar enquired why this was? Councillor Baker suggested it was because the bulk of "the working craft viewed FRC as a Joke"! Councillor Dyer suggests perhaps it maybe is because the craft "are all happy",Councillor Gorden remarked "the young entry to the working craft need to be nurtured" Chairman Bridges observed " from day one". 'Councillor Craig observed " It is down to public relations, and the use of FRC as a CARROT rather than a STICK!!" Councillor Col. Smith said, "This happened with the Vets as well", when addressed, where their duties were pointed out, the voting strength rose to 18%. Chairman Bridges said "we all needed to push harder"

With that statement ringing in my ears the next blog will be about what happened later in the day when ,it was reported 117 registered farriers were late paying their registration fees, 11 had their ATF status removed on 16th January and the irregular action of only 7 being given back the ATF status as a consequence of this coming to notice!!

PNB.

Italian stallion

Re: FRC 19th March 2015.

Postby Italian stallion » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:36 pm

When HUW Dyer make remarks like that it just goes to show how out of touch he is with the craft, he might better serve us all by resigning his post.

PNB

Postby PNB » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:45 am

All,

117 registered farriers fell off the register on 16th January, if you don't pay you are off, until this year something lightly enforced, the register know this and as it is a quiet time of the year historically those that choose this route pay a fine then reregister when they get around to it. This year it seems things changed!! 11 who didn't pay were ATFs/ licenced EMPLOYERS some with EMPLOYEES. Their ATF status was taken away and they were informed they would need to reapply for the ATF status and undertake The Train the Trainer course .

Councilor Craig questioned this saying "this has caused a lot of bad feeling within the craft, stress to those involved, unnecessary traumatic pressure on apprentice employees and huge disruption to employers businesses".

Councilor Gorden accorded with this and asked, "how were the ATFs informed, did they know before the 16th that they would loose the ATF status, and have to reapply and undertake the Train the Trainer Course! ". The registrar stated they all knew they would be unregistered ," it was well recorded". Pressed again by Councilor Gorden, He did not say if ATFs knew their ATF status would be lost or if they had been specifically informed about this until after it had been done?? (It seems they didn't and were not) . Councilor Gorden noted of the 11 losing the ATF status, only 7 were reinstated " why was this", the registrar Answered "they Reapplied". Councillor Gorden enquired " why when 11 were involved were only seven reinstated"? The registrar responded the 4 others had other issues !! Councilor Gorden enquired, "what other issues these were irrelevant as this action was started because of Registration Fees and all should have been treated the same!!" The word discrimination was used and denied !!

Councilor Darcy "stated although the Train the Trainer Course outline has been completed at one of the colleges, it is not yet up and running yet, so how could the course be currently undertaken?? The set task then could not be undertaken!!

Councilor Craig stated " How is FRC going to deal with the fall out from this, and used the word "EMPATHETIC".

5There is more!!

PNB.

csc

Postby csc » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:32 pm

very accurate Peter keep up the good work

Italian stallion

Postby Italian stallion » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:06 pm

csc wrote:very accurate Peter keep up the good work

And to add to that thank you csc / pnb / Paul / Craig for truly representing the working farriers and asking the right questions and pushing for answers we've been waiting a long time to get enough honest men together keep the good work up.

PNB

Postby PNB » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:39 pm

All,

Something that hasn't added up recently and now seems even more obscure, why was the lease hold of Sefton House sold last year.

The next agenda item made this even stranger. Councillor Baker enquired about the accounts, " Why does the FRC need such a large cash balance" ?? What is it £1.3 million". The finance office of FRC/Finance Committee rep. Replied "we need a large reserve just in case it is needed for something unforeseen. £500k is held to run FRC for the next year". Councilor Baker asked,"is there something in the wings that we don't know about""?? The first reply was " we don't think so" followed by "NO". Councillor Baker enquired why do we have £800k of reserves on top of what is needed to keep the boat afloat next year?. The reply "lots of things are going on that may be costly, Court costs, the several things like the deregulation process currently awaiting Royal Assent, DEFRAs attempt to get the Registration Act Ammended , to say nothing of the disciplinary processes of FRC functioning outside EU law"

When pressed about the £883,498 of reserves currently held it was understood "the 1% Return of interest being paid by the bank was thought to be to small, so a financial adviser had been engaged to play the stock market, the one being used was in fact the cheapest and they would only charge a set up fee of 1%". Councilor Baker enquired," 1% of £600k is £6000 isn't it? The reply was "yes". He continued " I am mindfull of RBS and the Lloyds of London crash, when for many all was lost." (Comment:- we have just gone through the massive losses effected to council by NFTA folding up). "I am but a simple farrier , but do we need to expose ourselves to massive financial risks??.

That's enough for now, my next blog will consider the implications of the FRC disciplinary processes not conforming with 2015 EU LAW.

PNB?

PNB

Postby PNB » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:06 pm

All,

Councilor Baker pointed out to Council, and Quoted the Agenda,"As it currently stands without changes to the Act the FRC continued to operate contrary to European law, concerning the membership of the investigating and disciplinary Committees".Bearing this in mind as now it is in a written record (agendard item),this fulfills the description of FRC being "KNOWINGLY,"aware, and the remedy to a broken EU a law, is thus "KNOWINGLY " available. To council

Councilor Baker asked "Would it not be prudent to suspend the disciplinary processes of FRC until this is sorted out"'. Chairman Bridges supported by the Registrar, said, "No, lots of others are in the same boat as us at present, council is governed by UK law". Councilor Baker supported by Councilor Craig exclaimed,"does EU law not hold sway over UK law". The response from the top table was,""yes, but lots of others are in the same position, we will sort it by Jan 2016 !!". Councilor Baker commented, ," A barrister in a court of appeal may not agree, I feel council is unnecessarily vulnerable should any accused\convicted farrier go to appeal",

I would like my feeling in this matter recorded!! ".

There is more.

PNB.

csc

Postby csc » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:53 am

the situation is the act was made in 1975 before the proceeding EU law came along . the FRC quite rightly have gone back to parliament and asked to change some items in the FRC act to bring it up to date
whilst parliament is considering this then we are covered under European law.
this is a point Peter was unable to get his head around.

Italian stallion

Postby Italian stallion » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:04 pm

csc wrote:the situation is the act was made in 1975 before the proceeding EU law came along . the FRC quite rightly have gone back to parliament and asked to change some items in the FRC act to bring it up to date
whilst parliament is considering this then we are covered under European law.
this is a point Peter was unable to get his head around.
This being the case it's obvious that EU law superseded UK law we no that to be fact, therefore FRC should lay out in writing there right to bring someone in front of council. This way any farrier in question would have that in black and white and could sue them at a latter stage.

PNB

Postby PNB » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:22 pm

Stuart,

I think you have got a bit mixed up!

FRC are trying to get PRIVATE MEMBERS BILL through parliament but no MP will pick it up, unless you know more than was in the agenda, these matters are reported to be held until hopefully an MP will run with it after the ELECTION.

There is one other alternative to that the none con traversal matters that are awaiting ROYAL ASSENT are more than was disclosed to COUNCIL on the 19th March.

Please tell us what you know!!

PNB?

csc

Postby csc » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:29 am

I think you are making something over nothing and are missing the point completely law allows a transition period that's my final point on this matter

PNB

Postby PNB » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:06 am

All,

Whait seems is presently awaiting Royal Assent is a DEREGULATION Bill, we are told to allow changes to the appointing bodies to the FRC to be modified, Jockey Club to BHA, COSIRA to LANTRA. Both Deemed to be non controversial actions, that as I understand is all.

Stuart you seems to mix these with LANTRAs proposed amendments to the FARRIERES REGISTRATION ACT which is to be a new form of UK Legislation/LAW and needs a full passage by government by way of a PRIVATE MEMBERS BILL onto the STATUTE BOOK.

PNB.

PNB

Postby PNB » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:54 am

Sorry, should read DEFRAs amendments to the FARRIERS REGISTRATION ACT and not LANTRAs!!

PNB.

Italian stallion

Postby Italian stallion » Thu May 14, 2015 4:49 pm

Frc whistle blowing policy, lets not hold back lads now that you've been given the green light. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PNB

Postby PNB » Mon May 18, 2015 11:01 am

To who by whom.

It seems it is not by your elected representative to the organisation you elected you to represent you upon,ie FRC.

PNB.

PNB

Postby PNB » Mon May 18, 2015 1:58 pm

SHOULD READ !!

To who by whom??

Seemingly it is not your elected member on FRC. Who I understood was Elected by you to represent you on FRC.

To do this I am now told breeches FRC protocols!!

PNB.

Italian stallion

Postby Italian stallion » Fri May 22, 2015 5:21 pm

Pnb,
Are you telling us working farriers that you can't represent farriers at council. Farriers bulletin's back page clearly states southern area (employee) p n baker awcf this being the case I would suggest Frc put it in writing as to why they see a problem with any member of council representing the working craft.

csc

Postby csc » Sat May 23, 2015 3:07 pm

I assure you all that I represent farriers in my area if what Peter is saying is correct I will continue to represent you all F***K EM!!!

PNB

Postby PNB » Sat May 23, 2015 8:15 pm

All,

Then Is FRC fit for 2015 purpose??

PNB

PNB

Postby PNB » Sat May 30, 2015 12:18 pm

EW,

Regarding your above posting I do feel both GAGGED and HANDCUFFED. It seems both Stuart and I intend to keep KICKING however.

PNB.

Return to “farriers discussion board”