FRC 16th June 2015.

this forum is mainly for farriers - all are welcome but don't enter if you are easily offended!

Moderator: admin

PNB

FRC 16th June 2015.

Postby PNB » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:50 pm

All,

FRC on 16th JUNE 2015

An even more fierce affair than the the last meeting, the 7 farrier members present on FRC made it clear they were not prepared for our employer Craftsmen to be hounded into time consuming exercises (TRAIN THE TRAINER) when the bulk of the employers (ATFs) have done nothing wrong, and any short comings found in training methods are being properly addressed by the colleges while the student employees are at college.

The secretariat of FRC together with the Chairman request letters from young entry employers to support feelings about the level of oppression presently being felt by our craft in the above respect.

Please Submit any comment the your farrier reps on Council, where they will be put into a file for presentation at the next meeting. The chairman promised after a suggestion from Councilor Baker that the matter will be dealt with during his tenure of office ( ends Dec 2016).

PNB.

There is more.

PNB

Re: FRC 16th June 2015.

Postby PNB » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:23 pm

Further,16th June 2015 FRC.

The farriers present on the 16th June strongly supported Councillor Gordens paper, that the compulsory appointment of the Chairman of FRC by the WCF (only a loosely conjoined organisation) in this day was undemocratic.

The contention being council has been to busy looking at things going around us to make things look more professional, and we have forgotten to look at ourselves (FRC).

Councillor Gorden feels it to be inappropriate in this age , to have an outside body (WCF) appoint the chair of FRC without reference or nomination from the body FRC.

The Farriers present were totally supportive of Councilor Gordons submission, and that the Chairmanship should be open to a clear election process. The Registration Act is presently proceeding towards amendment and in future the concept of a democratically elected chairman should be incorporated into the amendment.

Any comments??

PNB?

PNB

Postby PNB » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:23 am

Al,

I have had one instant response my last two postings. I am unclear just what " Quis custodiaiet ipsos custodes" means in this context. I am proceeding presently with the idea farrier FRC members need by context "To watch their backs", any other thoughts?

Wikipedia does not help much.

PNB.

PNB

Postby PNB » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:34 pm

All,

There remained one more item that needs reporting.

A request was made by the secretariat that farriers could notify and be notified in future by the use of telephone communication, there was no objection to this!! However Councilor Craig requested that this should go further and that FRC to Farrier communication should be backed up by Text and Email. Rather strangly I felt a resistance to this suggestion from the Registrar, a heated debate then followed.

This debate accelerated to the point Councilor Craig called into doubt the competence of the ( Global Body) FRC. This prompted a strong response from the Chair and degree of uproar.

It was later established Councilor Craigs suggestion regarding competency referred to a long standing matter he had raised many times regarding illegal FARRIERY within his area, which he thought had not been investigated sufficiently.

PNB.

csc

Postby csc » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:34 am

I called there actions incompetent not the FRC itself
the chairman twisted it to make it out that I said the FRC was incompetent there were calls for my resignation from council, and it was called to the end of the meeting where I stipulated it was there actions that are incompetent.
basically they don't like the idea of e mails and texts obviously far to modern for the poor old brigadiers and commanders maybe next meeting Peter you may suggest something a little more practical like semaphore
regarding illegal farriery a person had been reported to the registrar they could not tell us whether or not he was registered. INCOMPEDENT ?
I will leave the reader to decide

john ford

Postby john ford » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:32 pm

Gentlemen, when you have a controlling body of which only four members are democratically elected, what do you expect? The Act was dreamed up to so call protect the horse, yet all it has done is to increase the population of farrier’s to an alarming rate, so-much-so that many newly qualified farriers are sat at home with no work unless they reduce the price of a set of shoes to what it was eight years ago. Also it just gives the cosey non-elected committee a day out to puff out their chests in an authoritive manner, without a clue of what they are supposed to be managing. History has shown that any person with common sense, has never changed anything for the better in this world, as not enough of them have the time or the inclination, to sit down with people who have no understanding of the real world.

Return to “farriers discussion board”