NEW CHAIRMAN OF FRC

this forum is mainly for farriers - all are welcome but don't enter if you are easily offended!

Moderator: admin

csc

NEW CHAIRMAN OF FRC

Postby csc » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:45 am

I have just received correspondence to inform me of the chairman and senior FRC positions for 2016 they are all non farriers and members of the WCF

PNB

Re: NEW CHAIRMAN OF FRC

Postby PNB » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:47 am

Stuart,

I do find this a little strange when the entire working craft membership of the FRC at the last meeting (see above thread) were United in a request that the chair of FRC should be nominated from within the grouping FRC, in order to establish a continuity of chairmanship who has knowledge of the current state of things Farriery, to benefit of the working craft and to satisfy normal democratic protocols.

PNB.

csc

Postby csc » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:31 pm

you are right peter all councils except ours follow the democratic process I wonder if the WCF feel threatened, they are control freeks!!!!!

PNB

Postby PNB » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:46 pm

Stuart,

I don't understand what really goes down WCF,we all understand what the act says that the WCF are enpowered to nominate the Chairman of FRC, it does not say the WCF must not nominate a chairman that has been put forwards by the FRC,one who is serving on FRC and really knows the current situation FARRIERY UK!! They it seems to want/need to appoint some one COLD to the way FARRIERY is presently functioning.

I like you would like to know why? then is it as simply as a CONTROL THING. (Funnily /ironically you are well placed to make that assuming), you having been associated with the Company for as long as I have known you.

Chin up mate, regards, PNB.

csc

Postby csc » Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:45 pm

did anyone pick up in the latest bulletin under Appointment of chairman last paragraph in bold type what council agreed considering the outcome does anyone agree with me that
these non farriers within the WCF and the chairman have little or no respect for democracy , or openness and transparency , I have always maintained that FRC is a dictatorship

Italian stallion

Postby Italian stallion » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:12 am

csc, I totally agree with you there should be a democratic process in selecting and the voting in of a chairman to council and one of the criteria for that chairman to be put forward is they are already in line with the currant workings of farriery of 2015. This would mean we would prefer a ex farrier to be chair of council.
The problem is that the WCF are control freaks and don't want to let them selfs be dragged kicking and screaming into the 21 century they are slowly killing farriery.

Regards,
E.W.

csc

Postby csc » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:04 am

so as you can see one minute because of 100% farriers support behind a elected chairman they reluctantly agree democratically to give it further consideration at the next FRC meeting, and then publically appoint all WCF non farriers, whose trade is this anyway?
this is abuse of a so called public body and clearly shows that council is there to gratify decisions of the WCF inner circle and is nothing more than a puppet

john ford

Postby john ford » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:15 pm

At the end of the day, what the hell does it matter? Now with all the changes, especially with-in the training of apprentices, no one group is in charge, and on my many investigations throughout the UK, Farriers/ATFs are ignoring most of the rules and bending them to suite their own particular circumstances, due to no checks what-so-ever. We now have a system that appeases the Government political agenda and funding, and surrenders any clout to change policy for fear of losing the 1975 Farriers Registration Act. Jobs for the deluded springs to mind.

Italian stallion

Postby Italian stallion » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:41 pm

God, I wouldn't worry about chair of council by the photo I've seen time is not on his side, my late father would have said ( I think he's been dead seven years but has forgot to fall over)

Italian stallion

Postby Italian stallion » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:07 pm

As to my above post it has been pointed out to me that I have been somewhat harsh on the chair of council with my remarks, by all accounts he's a good old chap and therefore I apologise for any offence I my have caused.
Regards.
E.W.

Return to “farriers discussion board”