FRC to locate new apprentices 01/01/ 2016.Commenrs please.

this forum is mainly for farriers - all are welcome but don't enter if you are easily offended!

Moderator: admin

PNB

FRC to locate new apprentices 01/01/ 2016.Commenrs please.

Postby PNB » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:16 pm

Dear Peter

You asked for clarification of ‘Apprentice Enrolment’.

You may recall that at Council last June it was agreed that the current ‘flat fee’ paid by an apprentice when starting the apprenticeship would be replaced by a graduated fee, payable annually, which would in effect introduce to the apprentice to the notion of the annual retention fee at the point of entry to the craft. The fee set took account of the relatively low rates of pay for apprentices and a discount is to be offered for payment by direct debit.

In tandem with this scheme the FRC, through better communication with the colleges, shall be better able to track apprentices in the training pipeline and ensure that all are practicing farriery on a legal basis under the direction of their ATF.

With my best regards

David

Brigadier David Greenwood
Registrar
The Farriers Registration Council
Sefton House
Adam Court
Newark Road
Peterborough
PE1 5PP

Telephone: 01733 319911
Facsimilie: 01733 319771
Mobile Telephone: 07595 119205
e-mail: davidgreenwood@farrier-reg.gov.uk

FRCT

This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) ("the Intended Recipient") to whom it is addressed. It may contain information which is privileged and confidential within the meaning of the applicable law. Accordingly any dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of this message or any of its content by any person other than the Intended Recipient may constitute a breach of civil or criminal law and is strictly prohibited. If you are not the Intended Recipient please contact the sender as soon as possible. Thank you for your co-operation.

PNB

Re: FRC to locate new apprentices 01/01/ 2016.Commenrs pleas

Postby PNB » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:35 am

All,

Someone must have some ideas about this.

Pease think about it. Do we want young entry employees to be a kind of BONDED LABOUR FORCE, they paying a Third Party for their own employment?

The comment regards was by way of a relatively low grade announcement by the Registrar, which was book ended between a statistical observation regarding the increase in both the numbers of Farriers on the Register those on pre farrier courses and seemingly the/an urgent need to control New Entry numbers into Our Craft. Stuart, Myself and the other Farriers on COUNCIL will be asked to debat this at nex FRC and I need to know hoo you as a CRAFT feel about this.

PNB.

csc

Postby csc » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:47 pm

basically what he is saying is that apprentices will have to pay a annual registration whereas in the past they paid a one off
my views on them paying a registration fee annually or as a one off doesn't seem to make any difference.
I do not see what his statement has to do with farrier numbers past or in the future

Italian stallion

Postby Italian stallion » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:25 pm

Pub,
The Frc are not the employer of any apprentice within the UK, they should not be asking for any payment of any kind, the colleges run all training so one would imagine that any payments should go to the colleges. This is the establishment refusing to let go and need to show that they have some form of control. The real question is, are the Frc obtaining money by deception as they lost control of the grants and training.

john ford

Postby john ford » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:24 pm

First of all, one should ascertain if Government funding is paid directly to the FRC or to each individual School of Farriery. Unless I am mistaken, it is the FRC who negotiate funding not individual college's ?

Return to “farriers discussion board”