Disclosure policy for declaring cautions and convictions

this forum is mainly for farriers - all are welcome but don't enter if you are easily offended!

Moderator: admin

Italian stallion

Disclosure policy for declaring cautions and convictions

Postby Italian stallion » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:28 pm

I have read this document and must say It could have grave consequences on the individual if you sign the declaration, by all means as far as I see it you should disclose any convictions and cautions but there is no need to sign the declaration. Unless there is a legal requirement for you to sign then I ask you to think twice before you open the doors to hell.
I have asked Pnb to clarify this matter with the registra.
Regards.
E.w.

PNB

Re: Disclosure policy for declaring cautions and convictions

Postby PNB » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:48 am

All

I have now spoken to other working Craftesmen as well two other farrier members on FRC.

The three of us on FRC all fell this instruction to be/is an invasion of our PRIVACY (the working ctaftesmens privacy) and we will be bringing this up at next FRC.

The felling being the letter sent out by central office goes further depths than we understood it was going to.

Central Offices/Peterborough have not yet responded to EW's formal complaint !

Regards, PNB.

Italian stallion

Postby Italian stallion » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:27 am

Pnb,
Considering that Frc have failed to recognise the seriousness of this document and failed to reply I have taken this matter up with a solicitor.
The facts are simple the only people that are allowed to carry out crb checks are employers or prospective employers and need your consent at all times. The facts are Frc are none of the above and therefore have tried to obtain information by deception, if the council members have sanctiond this then they should all consider the positions if the registra have take things further without the agreement of council then that shows a total lack of knowledge and regard towards council members and in that respect should tender his resignation.
It a sad reflection on Frc they failed administer and manage the government grants and ended up loosening them and now can't manage themselves. Farriery will never unite under the leadership of Frc they are a million miles away from understanding the working lives of farriers.

Regards,
E.W.

csc

Postby csc » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:41 am

section 21 (b) inform the FRC of any caution or convictions received by annual declaration ( WITH EFFECT FROM 1 JANUARY 2016) there is no requirement to disclose convictions or cautions which are spent except for ATFs who will be working with people under 18 ,those ATFs are required to disclose all convictions and cautions even if spent (unless those convictions or cautions are protected TAKEN FROM FARRIERS CODE OF CONDUCT
It is probably the responsibility of the colleges to do CBS checks on the grounds they are teachers and for those under 18 only I agree totally with EW it is of no business of FRC.
just another example of COUNCIL making it up as they go along

PNB

Postby PNB » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:47 am

What the law says:-

https://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-s ... t-provide-

Look it up it is quite a revelation !!

Regards,

PNB.

Italian stallion

Postby Italian stallion » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:07 pm

I'm still waiting on an answer from FRC! It's astonishing to consider that they expect farriers to reply to them by return post (imedetly) and with my enquiry nothing, just goes to show how professional they run FRC, my question was through a Rep so one would expect an answer within seven day at the very least.

Regards,
E.W.

csc

Postby csc » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:37 pm

AND!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!! the answer is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!didn't think so succour

csc

Postby csc » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:59 pm

I think I was a little tipsy with my last posting what I really meant to say is not printable

Italian stallion

Postby Italian stallion » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:42 pm

csc,
At this stage I think we all need to be tipsy whilst having any sort of dealings we FRC there are turning into something of a pantomime wouldn't you say.

Regards,
E.W.

P.s
Merry Christmas to one and all.

PNB

Postby PNB » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:16 pm

All,
All.

I have found this small historical report from 2004 and Miles Wiliamson Noble regarding legal advice from council's solicitor, does this help.

" There was a long discussion the Council Meeting about whether CRB checks should be required for all farriers,for ATF's only, or for no farriers. The Council's legal adviser, Judith Christy, was present and gave helpful advise. In particular, it was made clear that there is no legal requirement for CRB checks to be made; that only The DISIPLINARY Committee Has the power to decide, in any individual case, whether a criminal conviction of any kind should lead to removal of a farrier from the register; and that the Council itself has no power to fetter the discretion of the DISIPLINARY Committee.

Signed MW Noble.

A question "So then has the LAW changed ??". History repeating maybe??

PNB.

ferrador

Postby ferrador » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:32 pm

called in frc office to pay my dues last week , easier to enter fort knox , cannot use carpark , have to park on busy main road and walk , go through security check , wait for a reciept book to be found , petty cash box to be found , a witness and key holder to be found get a lecture on why I have not submitted my criminal convictions and cautions to them , I told them to get xxxxxx , got told I will be hearing about my attitude .
by the way , I do not have any convictions or cautions but apparently according to them I must have

PNB

Postby PNB » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:36 pm

All.

Regarding the above report, there is a bit more, but I have printed up what I consider to be the bit relevant to this thread.

PNB.

john ford

Postby john ford » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:45 pm

No registered Farrier to my mind has been struck off for crippling a horse, which is the main concept of the 1975 Act, please correct me if I am wrong with this statement?
If this is the case, then surely anything else that occurs in a Farriers life, is no business to anyone else, as the majority of us are self-employed. I am very much in favour of holding up professional standards with-in the trade, but no person is the same in any walk of life. Frankie Dettori made a big mistake in his career as a jockey, but it didn’t stop him from being a great flat jockey. Had he been done for stopping horses or involved in a betting scam, then that is entirely a different matter.
Unless a Farrier is a danger to the horse or to children, then the FRC should leave well alone.

ferrador

Postby ferrador » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:41 pm

aftre last years fiasco it will be interesting to see who the registrar stops from working for late payment ,

Italian stallion

Postby Italian stallion » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:31 pm

When I first flagged this up It as most disappointing that more carriers hadn't voiced there view, there is no point being scared of FRC you need to stand up and be counted or you will be run over by a bunch of bloody clowns.

Return to “farriers discussion board”