Combined Insurance (c.i.s.a)

this forum is mainly for farriers - all are welcome but don't enter if you are easily offended!

Moderator: admin

jb

Combined Insurance (c.i.s.a)

Postby jb » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:13 pm

Hi
I have recently had my first claim with this company, after being insured with them since 2008.
I had to have my cartilages done in both knees, and they have been wriggling out of paying the correct amount whilst i was off work.
Basically they are telling me that according to there statistics i should be back to work sooner!!
We are NOT office workers sat down all day in the warm, so there statistics are meaningless.

As we all know as self employed Farriers, you dont get paid if you dont work and the customers wont wait for there horses to be done, so getting back to work is a priority.

IF you were sold these policies by this company, (and i know back in 2008 there were quite a few Farriers in the south that had them,) BE AWARE OF WHAT I AM WRITING, AND THINK AGAIN ABOUT PAYING YOUR PREMIUMS.
JB

PNB

Re: Combined Insurance (c.i.s.a)

Postby PNB » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:56 am

JB

Your heading is CISA should it read CICA ??

PNB.

jb

Postby jb » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:39 pm

Hi Peter
Yes could be ; Combined Insurance is the name

PNB

Postby PNB » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:00 pm

JB,

Is this The company you are insured by.

http://www.fca.org.uk/static/pubs/final/cica.pdf

My family have cover with this company, (CICA), a very cost efficient policy, but as the link above demonstrates possibly they have SKELETONS.

They have paid us out twice for two serious accidents, apart from keeping the time over which money was claimed SHORT ie not sufficient time for a full recovery as you HAVE experienced, we have had no problems with CICA, and due to the cheap and uncomplicated nature of the CICA protocols would if they still were taking new customers USA them again, sadly they informed us they have closed down TAKING new clients in the UK.

Hope this helps.

PNB.

jb

Postby jb » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:03 pm

Hi
thanks for the info, i have quoted a few of the FSA findings to the claims dept. as i am still awaiting my cheqs. for the closure of my accounts that i pay in advance.
JB

Return to “farriers discussion board”