Cautions & Convictions Notifications Eorm

this forum is mainly for farriers - all are welcome but don't enter if you are easily offended!

Moderator: admin

john ford

Cautions & Convictions Notifications Eorm

Postby john ford » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:34 pm

I would like all our Farrier representatives to ask the following questions to the members of the FRC, on the subject of The Cautions & Convictions Notification Form which has been sent out to every Registered Farrier in the UK.
(1) I pay my Registration fee by Direct Debit. For this year 2016 this payment was drawn from my account on December 8th 2015. I also received my vehicle badge and wallet card before January 1st 2016
Yesterday February 1st, I received The Farriers FRC Bulletin, together with a letter from FRC, informing me that they had not received my Cautions & Convictions Notification Form which was sent out to me in October 2015.
(1) If the FRC are so suspicious about my criminal record, why on earth have they taken my money and given me a licence to practice in 2016?
(2) I visited my Doctors surgery, and asked them to tell me what my wife had been to see them
for, as I was her husband. They refused all information due to personal Data Protection. What Data Protection system does the FRC have if any?
(3) I have looked up the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons Website to see if there was a complete register of every single veterinary surgeon in the UK together with their address and phone numbers. You can find selected practices, but not individual names. But on the FRC website, you can find every individual farriers address and phone number. What next every farriers conviction displayed up there?
(4) I am informed, that because veterinary surgeons have to sign and disclose a similar Cautions & Convictions Notification Form. We farriers should have the same code? BULLSHIT, I don’t stock up my office with drugs, and carry lethal toxic liquid around with me?
(5) The FRC say that they have received legal advice from their solicitors. What evidence have the FRC got that the information is correct, and not just a matter of opinion by a group of lawyers paid by the FRC? If all lawyers were correct in their findings, why the hell do so many cases get to court, and are overturned by a Judge?
(6) So if I don’t sign this form and return it, the FRC could strike me off the register?
(7) What about my individual rights to be able to make a legal living?
(8) The FRC Act 1975 was drawn up to protect horses, yet in the 45 years of existence, no farrier has ever had his/her day-to-day work examined, maybe the FRC should have a bigger look as to what their job is?
(9) Finally when we pay our fees to the FRC and they send a confidential letter to a farrier, with a notice that it has to be returned to the FRC. The FRC should also pay some respect to the farrier by enclosing a stamped addressed envelope?

csc

Re: Cautions & Convictions Notifications Eorm

Postby csc » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:39 am

john I agree 100% well written Mate

Italian stallion

Postby Italian stallion » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:22 pm

John,
That's one mighty correct letter, may I add to your point that the FRC fail to recognise the fact that we are self employed farriers
They seem to think and behave as we are employed by them, I would be happy to comply if they would like to pay my wages.

Regards,
E.W.

john ford

Postby john ford » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:30 pm

Don't miss the point EW. Many vets and Doctors are self employed. My point is we are Farriers not vets or Doctors dealing in drugs or medicine. My point is if the FRC have a problem with an individual, then speak to the police, because if let's say I had a criminal record, yet sent the FRC form back without declaring any of my convictions, is the FRC going to check that it is a true statement. No they bloody well won't, so it's a bloody joke.

Italian stallion

Postby Italian stallion » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:51 pm

John,
I've not missed your point, there's not a police force in the country that would cooperate with FRC unless there was an official complaint made against an individual farrier to them and solely them, FRC have no more power than you or me when going to the police and asking for information on someone ( it's not going to happen ) the registra in this matter has made himself look like a proper muppet.

john ford

Postby john ford » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:18 pm

Yes you are quiet right EW. The whole thing is a joke, I am now waiting for the FRC to write to me demanding I face a disciplinary hearing. My reply will be to them: Is this in any way connected to poor quality work, or cruelty to a horse whilst shoeing, or using a non registered person to assist me shoeing. If it doesn't include anything which is in the Farriers Registration Act 1975. Go forth and multiply.

Italian stallion

Postby Italian stallion » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:35 pm

I agree John,
That will make two of us not signing, maybe we could go to FRC together and share the cost, but I'll tell you something John I've had someone go to a great deal of trouble to check the rights and wrongs legally about this rubbish that FRC are spouting, if push comes to shuff I'll happily take them to court

csc

Postby csc » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:08 am

I am receiving loads of complaints about this policy on a daily basis two solicitors now claim its illegal and there advise seems not to reply to it

ferrador

Postby ferrador » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:30 am

thank you John , the words of common sense , I take you have not had the email yet from them ? I have not and will not fill in any form , why should I when I have a clean sheet , I have consulted with a barrister ( a client ) who exact response was " a load of tosh , threatening actions like this should be held accountable in a court of law , I am sure one of our students would relish taking such a pompous prick to task "

john ford

Postby john ford » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:03 am

This weekend I am writing a formal letter to the FRC to be placed in front of the council in March.

Italian stallion

Postby Italian stallion » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:29 pm

Whilst farriers are up in arms with this nonsense, I've heard nothing of BFBA doing anything for there members with this topic, it's pointless paying a membership to an association that does not help defends the rights of its members.

john ford

Postby john ford » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:02 pm

Formal letter posted to Chairman and all farrier representatives on FRC Council. I have asked that this letter is bought before the council in March, and made a request that it isn't placed in Any Other Business but placed in the main Agenda

csc

Postby csc » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:37 am

thank you John I have received my copy and you have my support

john ford

Postby john ford » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:13 pm

So the chairman of the FRC truly believes he is also part of the Mason's and above reproach by anyone. He is now refusing to allow a further debate on the FRC Disclosure Policy in March 2016. Although this maybe legal, I now understand it may be illegal for the FRC to strike off a Farrier from the register for not submitting a signed Disclosure Policy form. Check this out guys?

PNB

Time for changes??.MAYBE.

Postby PNB » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:22 am

ALl,

The letter in the back of the Forge must demonstrate the members of FRC are not making things up by complaining about this authoritarian approach towards Working Farriers!!

The question has to be what will happen next, will the WCF and BFBA gasp the nettle and do something to try and reestablish goodwill between the Craftesmen and The Registrain Secretariat, as outlined/requested by a letter from a fellow farrier presented at the last Council.

PNB?

csc

Postby csc » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:52 am

unfortunately peter you and I are considered to be agitators as they brush off our comments, they will not change , even when others and the whole lot of elected farriers stand together on FRC. we there to advise,
the wcf seem to have gone power mad and its not the first time they have been accused of dictatorship. sadly I believe this will loose us registration

john ford

Postby john ford » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:37 pm

As I pointed out to the Registrar after the ATF meeting on 14th April, a point that you representatives on council should use to make the FRC see sense. The general consensuses amongst farriers is that we welcome the FRC Act 1975. But if you push us any further in your dictatorial attitude. Just remember that thousands of horses and ponies will always require shoes on their feet, for as long as they are worked, and therefore we farriers will be still working, whether we are in or out of your control. Generally horse owners couldn't care a dam about their farrier being registered, if they do a good job and keep their horse sound, they will ring us for a repeat visit. Treat us with humanity and respect, or find yourselves out of a job very quickly after the government pulls the plug on the FRC Act 1975

PNB

Postby PNB » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:28 am

All,

I note with interest the first item on page 3 of the FRC bulletin,as you are aware I am many others objected to the manner of the FRC demands for disclosure in the way it had been framed and then reinforced in a previous bulletin!

I simply observe would it have been prudent of rhe secretariat of FRC to have drawn the article on page 3 of the new bulletin to the notice of we working CRAFTSMEN before kicking off, the what I feel is a pemenant hatred between the WORKING MEN and the FRC.

PNB.

Italian stallion

Postby Italian stallion » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:45 pm

Pub,
The registra thinks he's still in tha arm forces and can line up 2800 farriers and bark orders at them, I've got news for him there's more chance of them giving him a kick up the arse.

The man should resign before he destroys farriery altogether.

john ford

Postby john ford » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:52 pm

Well I can't wait for March 2017 to come around, just to see their next move, because believe me, I am not signing any Disclosure Policy, and I will continue to shoe horses.

Return to “farriers discussion board”