FRC TOTALY INCOMPEDENT?

this forum is mainly for farriers - all are welcome but don't enter if you are easily offended!

Moderator: admin

csc

FRC TOTALY INCOMPEDENT?

Postby csc » Fri May 06, 2016 6:20 pm

may I suggest this is the case and WHY ?
the FRC has failed to catch anyone over the last two years .
this is quite a large problem at this time of year. especially as the 1975 act was supposed to sort this situation out.
DAVID GREENWOOD of the FRC has been given information regarding illegal farriers and has failed to take action.

ferrador

Re: FRC TOTALY INCOMPEDENT?

Postby ferrador » Sun May 08, 2016 4:17 am

what annoys me about it CSC is that the person making the "complaint " has to do all the groundwork , photos , times , owners , everything for them putting their own name on the line , chinese whispers soon go round so a bloke acting in the frcs professional manner soon loses his/hers business , wish Mike Cox was still on the rounds , probably looking down on us now laughing at his old employers

PNB

Postby PNB » Sun May 08, 2016 6:18 am

Ferrador, Stuart,

In your support.

I feel the body politic FARRIERY have realised they have an inability to control illegals and in real time shoeing quality if there is an actual need? of work being done shoeing( remember they have no one to actually visit and inspect defective or otherwise inspect horses subject of complaint. So maybe it's not a case of nothing being done more of no one being employed to do it!!! Please remember complaints in the main are from the uninformed, upon photographic record FRC through its FRAct mandate do report matters of animal suffering to the RSPCA.

What seems to be coming to notice here is that the body politic FRC/WCF to enable REGISTRATION to continue with a government mandate as well as government funding seem to need to be seen TO BEING DOING SOMETHING and efforts are being made to now REGULATE its WORKING CRAFTESMEN. (A PROBLEM HERE) - In the main these 2900 SELF EMPLOYED men have had to make their own way in business, hard physical working in a cut throat world, fighting idiots who stand in their way daily and at every turn. Thus regulation needs to undertaken with great care and kid gloves, anyone who uses other than a tactical approach will by the nature of the men the are seeking to CONTROL meet greater and greater resistance from men who know what they are doing due to needs to sustain their livelihood and keep a roof over their heads and food for their kids on the table.

Stuart,

Please remember the use of the word INCOMPETANT inflames certain people the first time you used it at COUNCIL within a week you were placed on an Three year old plus DISIPLINARY, which to date has used up many many many thousands of UK FARRIERS consolidated monies, as well as many thousands of your personal money to defend for what is at most little more than a BASIC EMPLOYMENT ISSUE!!

PNB.

csc

Postby csc » Sun May 08, 2016 7:28 am

the 1975 act is a animal welfare act. firstly Peter my disciplinary issue is not a animal welfare one.
secondly FRC seems unable to prosecute illegal farriery, as ferrador points out the complainant has to do all the running around and place the case in front of the registrar .
As you know a pacific incident was reported with evidence to council and as of today no action taken, if FRC is not INCOMPEDENT. then they cant do the job .therefore it can be argued REGISTRATION IS A WASTE OF TIME.
registration was not passed to constantly whip farriers and abuse the act.

PNB

Postby PNB » Sun May 08, 2016 6:10 pm

Stuart,

Non European. Illegal and unregistered horseshoes. I see thet dilemma now!! The FRC have been set a task that due the time involved which has to be several months and possibly political issues (having to bend GB law to avoid third country interventions by attachment to randomchosen non employer ATFs) the primary purpose of the registration act can not be fulfilled!! As such registration is seemingly non effective, FRC then would become in fit for its intended purpose!! This matter has to be bought to the notice of the DEFRA minister Mr Eustace, prior to the amendment being taken before government or maybe a later challenge being made in the LORDS.

I will bring this up with Lord Addington for his advice.

PNB.

PNB

Postby PNB » Mon May 09, 2016 2:41 am

All, the above posting iis a bit goblegook, I will attempt to make it clearer. It was sent prior to formal correction,(bumpy road).

Non European. Illegal and unregistered horseshoes. I see that dilemma now!!

The FRC have been set tasks that due the time spans involved, which has to be several months cannot be honestly undertaken. Add to this possibly political issues where it appears FRC have had to bend GB law to avoid very influential third country/person legal interventions (large polo teams and racing establishments), attachments by FRC seem to being made of non EU nationals (horseshoes) to non employer ATF's. Hopefully there is not a scandal here!!

The primary purpose of THE REGISTRATION ACT is then not being fulfilled!! ie, "A control of non UK exam qualified horseshoes working in the UK". I hope I am seeing this wrongly, as formal registration is then seemingly non effective, by making The FRC "Unfit by application for its intended purpose!!"

This matter has to be bought to the notice of the DEFRA minister Mr Eustace, prior to the amendment being taken before government, or maybe a later challenge being made in the LORDS would be an appropriate route.

I will bring this up with Lord Addington for his advice and guidance.

PNB.

PNB

Postby PNB » Mon May 09, 2016 4:11 am

All, Reference to "horseshoes" above should read "HORSESHOERS",(bloody Windows ten!!), PNB.

Return to “farriers discussion board”