Meeting Penningtons Briefing Day.

this forum is mainly for farriers - all are welcome but don't enter if you are easily offended!

Moderator: admin

PNB

Meeting Penningtons Briefing Day.

Postby PNB » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:31 am

What a treat this turned out to be.

A very honest set of interactions between the two presenting solicitors and some of the members of FRC.

At first glance it seemed we on FRC were not in full possession of all of the facts of the status of FRC. I had hoped to copy and paste the meeting briefing sheet to this site, however I was politely informed by both solicitors that it would be in breech of copy rite to do so and that in order to acquaint you with the detail I would have to write my own version of the bulletin informationsheets, (( a bit of a problem 20+ A4s without a content error),I do however feel copies maybe!!! available on request from Penningtons, 125 Wood Street. (phone me for further details if needs be).

Very briefly FRC was confirmed as being a Corporate Body, (so where are the Sshareholders and Directors??). FRC is actually a Public Body, but one created under a Statute, rather than just being a Statutory Body. The FRC members and seemingly the working Craftmen are actually Stakeholders, (how ever the area was a bit grey). I am elected onto council by you, but in LAW I am not there to represent my electing craft members, then seemingly you are not my Constituants, whatever I could not clearly follow this statement, (so perhaps one of the readers could help me here). I will at some point be writing to Penningtons for a more explicit explanation of this point). By the way in law FARRIERY is a profession and not a craft and then falls within the critic of professional standards within the/our DISIPLINARY Codes,(I am not really happy with that announcement and feel it needs a challenge shortly, maybe it's is then a bit of a blunt instrument to be used on working men.

There was an awful lot more, if you have any further questions, please phone me or even try and come to next FRC as a member of the public for certain the substance will hit this fan that day.

PNB.

john ford

Re: Meeting Penningtons Briefing Day.

Postby john ford » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:57 pm

Now maybe Peter you can inform those of us not in the know, What the heck this is all about. Why a meeting? When and where? Who was there? And who called the meeting?

PNB

Postby PNB » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:26 pm

John.

Penningtons the council solicitors invited FRC to a corporate training day at their offices in London.

The purpose was to instruct those who attended, several members of council including one farrier and several members of Sefton HOuse staff, what their corporate remit is under U.K. Law.

What you see above is a tiny part of the training day which is significantly different from how for years it had suggested prior to the meeting.

My posting was for benefit of the other farrier members of council who for various reason could not be at the training day.

It was posted as a craft interest item,

I hope to see you at the next FRC in late November, where armed with the gleaned data we will be more able to stand our corner.

You can try to get the briefing document of the meeting from Penningtons if you wish. I cannot copy one to you as it is formally copyright of Penningtons.

PNB.

csc

Postby csc » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:47 am

looks to me as nobody knows whats happening or just leading a merry dance

john ford

Postby john ford » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:59 am

I would like everyone to remember one thing about solicitors and barrister's. It is only their opinion or interpretation of law and facts, if this wasn't the case, we should never need long drawn out court cases, where in many cases a judge and jury have overruled these people. Organisations such as the FRC, just bow their heads without asking questions and doing their homework, believing these people are God over everything to do with the law. We Farriers are no different as we are not academics, and never challenge these rulings as we are too busy doing what we are very good at, shoeing horses and running a business.

Return to “farriers discussion board”