Paul Gordons letter to farriers

this forum is mainly for farriers - all are welcome but don't enter if you are easily offended!

Moderator: admin

csc

Re: Paul Gordons letter to farriers

Postby csc » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:42 am

the chairman and registrar at frc said that the amendment cant be changed and said it would be withdrawn if it was not supported or there were to many objections.
on the same day Byron MP and Eustace MP met to discuss it.
yesterday the chairman has received a letter requesting him to have a meeting at Defra

PNB

Postby PNB » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:35 am

Stuart,

The Registrar went a bit further saying the Byron Davies Bill currently h a 15% to 85% chance now of going through on 27th January 2017 and if it should fail it is dead meat. Sadly this was not entirely true. Please note there is however no room for complacency. It is clear the 1975 Act is no longer. Fit for purpose and all of our Craft
Need to be included in the formation of a new bill.

Enquiries reveal. A similar Bill can be introduced in the next session of parliament by many other routes and In many other ways which can even be through the upper house as a private members, always providing we can find a member to sponsor.

We as working Craftesmen could working with an MP or Lord even put our own Bill forwards representing working Craftesmens needs!!

That is how I understood it to be anyway. Any corrections would be welcome!!

PNB.

john ford

Postby john ford » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:47 am

Well done, it's things like that, that do need to be exsposed. If we have regulators who have no intention of regulating, then I do agree, what is the point of having the 1975 FRC Act

john ford

Postby john ford » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:39 am

By the way that last posting of mine was my answer to Stuarts posting on his final posting on the FIRST page of this topic, as to the Registrars comments at the FRC meeting.

csc

Postby csc » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:45 am

a number of farriers turned up at the FRC meeting five in total and were excluded from most of the meeting, as the chairman said various items were confidential.
This was not the case as there was only one item that mentioned a individual.
Items like finance were considered non public. We of course made various complaints during the meeting asking for there return.
at the end of the meeting a lay person on council Mr Weston asked the chair if it was possible in future to separate the meeting to public and confidential, so as not to mess the public around.
They of course have every right to attend a public meeting of the FRC.

PNB

Postby PNB » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:37 am

Stuart,

I feel the chairman to some degree Lost It at the meeting. I agree he was challenged on several occasions, both when the visitors were being being excluded and while they were outside. Mr Westons suggestion has to be taken up, if not EXTENDED. The FRC meetings are questionable legal otherwise.

The decision by the chair is demonstrative of his demeanour by not taking a report under AOB from the Chair of DISIPLINARY committee about the BHA rules of Racing requirements about shoeing on UK RACETRACKS. Rraised In and refused/in AOB within the meeting, also showed a disregard. I am glad this report was able to be heard at the request of two members of FRC but Outside of the formal council meeting, although whilst all members of council were still in the room and were able to hear.

PNB.

PS, FORGE MAG, December 2016hopefully will be publishing data from BHA requirements regarding RACEDAY SHOEING by way of their instructions to RACEDAY Officials.

john ford

Postby john ford » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:39 pm

Something has to be done with the Cloak and Dagger proceedings of the FRC Chairman and Registrar, as this is getting ridiculous, but how to change it is another matter. I don't know if you have heard Peter, but the Publisher of The Forge has gone bust, and there is doubt to The Forge being published for the December issue, as BFBA are urgently trying to find a new Publisher. Gill Harris the editor of The Forge is still in place.

csc

Postby csc » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:57 am

on a personal note I am sure everyone is aware that I was accused of bullying a apprentice and struck off,
the registrar, others, and chairman have accused us publically for our grammar and poor writing skills especially Paul and the registrar published the swear words I am accused of and had to remove them.
therefore I would say they are as guilty as me.

PNB

Postby PNB » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:22 am

All,

A vote was taken at council and it was agreed Council Membership should be 50/50 Craft elected membership to 50/50 Lay appointed membership. This is Viewed as a very significant forwards step to a true democracy.

PNB.

csc

Postby csc » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:57 am

yes peter but there was a second vote which I couldn't understand

PNB

Postby PNB » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:00 am

Stuart,

I feel there was a recognition of what had just happened, the knee jerk reaction was a second vote on what I have no idea, the second vote was not openly counted or announced, and thismember did'nt know what the vote was about.

PNB.

john ford

Postby john ford » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:07 pm

Surely if you don't understand what you are voting for, why don't you fucking well ask someone. This now adds up to what I was told at Mick Gulley's funeral today, that nothing has been agreed.

csc

Postby csc » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:00 am

john they did accept 50/50 representation. but the chair refused to take any more questions that's why we are pointing out to you what a shambles FRC was

PNB

Postby PNB » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:12 am

John,

I hear what you are saying about the bad feeling about the present convictions and cautions policy disclosures. A further debate was requested at the last FRC on 30th November by Paul Gordon. The chair was very reactive to the suggestion said the matter had been fully dealt with and he Was "Not PREPARED to allow anything further to be said!on the subject" , sadly it's now down to you guys to action this and as you feel necessary scream out loud.

PNB.

Italian stallion

Postby Italian stallion » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:20 am

Surely if the chairman is not running an adurly committee, how on earth does someone record the minutes with such a shambolic meeting, he needs telling in simple terms he's not up to the job, my question is are these a free for all or is there some semblance of order and is the chair taking questions through the chair or is he giving his opinion which he must not do as the chair.

john ford

Postby john ford » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:09 pm

After endless conversations to at least six people by phone today, I have at last found out what we are all doing wrong in the eyes of those persons controlling the FRC. This came about after speaking to the last person on my list who, I had been told was up on a disciplinary charge after writing an article attacking the FRC. The person in question said that this was untrue as HE was far too clever to have landed himself into such a situation, because he had made a formal apology to the Chairman/Registrar, unlike another person on the same charge, who has said: take me on you assholes and see how far you get.
So there is your answer gentleman, sit down, do as you are instructed, do not question anything, and if you do question anything, make sure it is kept private behind closed doors, and always accept without challenge the answer given by the chair. Finally, if at any time you do make an error of judgment, make sure you write a formal letter of apology.
There is also the other alternative: Join the vast majority of registered farriers who, after getting qualified, keep their head down shoe horses, never get involved in associations, seminars, the FRC apart from paying their retention fee. And never employ an apprentice or any other farrier to help them???????

csc

Postby csc » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:05 am

love the ostrich policy

john ford

Postby john ford » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:42 am

And that is the biggest problem trying to change things, because of too many Ostriches in the system

csc

Postby csc » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:01 am

Earlier today the Chairman called on George Eustice MP, Minister of State at The Department for the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra), and Minister with responsibility for regulation within Defra. The purpose of the call was to discuss the draft Farriers (Registration) Bill 2016/17.

Headlines:

• The Minister intends that the draft Bill will proceed as planned ,with a second reading in the House of Commons due to take place on Friday 27 January 2017.
• The Minster and the sponsoring MP (Byron Davies MP, Con, Gower) continue to receive correspondence on the draft Bill reflecting a broad range of opinions.

Detail:

The Minister and the Chairman discussed the development of the draft Bill through the joint working group during 2012/13, through to publication of the Government consultation in March 2014. Both noted the preferences and ideas offered during the consultation, and more recently elsewhere, in respect of:

• Separation of the Investigating and Disciplinary Committees from the Council in order to give assurance to both the farrier and the public, while safeguarding the integrity of the investigating and discipline system.
• Enabling future modifications to the constitution of the Council by way of a Statutory Instrument (SI) rather than by primary legislation, in order to facilitate change at greater speed than hitherto.
• Adoption of ‘Fitness to Practice’ requirements for Council members in order that the FRC may adopt regulatory ‘best practice’.
• Council members to be allowed to serve on the Council for a maximum of two terms of four years only, in order to allow a greater number of appointees and elected farriers the opportunity to serve on the Council.
• Constitutional reform to reflect the operation of a national regulatory body in the early 21st Century.

No papers were made available; the draft Bill should be published at least seven days in advance of the second reading, i.e. on or about Friday 20 January 2017.

Progress of the Bill may be tracked at www.parliament.uk

This message has been placed on the FRC website.

With my best regards

David

Brigadier David Greenwood
Registrar

Return to “farriers discussion board”