FARRIERS BULSHIT MAGAZINE

this forum is mainly for farriers - all are welcome but don't enter if you are easily offended!

Moderator: admin

csc

FARRIERS BULSHIT MAGAZINE

Postby csc » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:00 am

Stilgoes view of Shangri-La demonstrates how deluded some members of council are when in reality we all know that there has been no animal welfare prosecutions for some time now, and certainly no illegal farriery prosecutions for over three years, and that the act has been abused by the FRC.
in the past we have all seen some rather weird developments in farrier many by highly educated individuals.(strouser)

the doomsday view of non regulation, saturation, always amuses me as we look at Europe although not perfect ,their farriers seem to earn a lot more than we do . that's probably why more uk farriers are leaving for other shores. Where earnings can be in excess of 75k tax free.

the policy statement on page 16 along side social media advise on page 14 they are trying to threaten farriers not to write anything already a couple I know have had letters sent to them for articles they have written. with threats of apologise or disciplinary

john ford

Re: FARRIERS BULSHIT MAGAZINE

Postby john ford » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:28 pm

I can’t for the life of me understand why members on council allowed this new Farriers Bulletin format to be published, what the hell was wrong with the 4 to 5 pages of plain A4 paper Bulletin?
I had one Farrier thinking it was the Forge magazine. Why do we want to know anything about Paul Stilgoe of the RSPCA, or are they now going to publish the life story of every member on council in the future. I also object to the Chairman of the FRC making comments on behalf of BFBA and their Farriery Focus seminar, and their achievement of getting more members, that’s BABA’s job through their Forge magazine which is funded by advertising for small profit. The FRC is not a commercial business and should not be seen as one. How much is this Bulletin costing in comparison to the old 4 to 5 page A4 one?

csc

Postby csc » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:56 am

I will ask how much the BULITIN COSTS and get back to you.
you are right regarding the chairman's comment on the BFBA they should be totally independant

csc

Postby csc » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:54 am

HAVE ASKED THE REGISTRAR AND HE SAYS HE WILL GIVE ME A ANSWER

john ford

Postby john ford » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:21 am

That will be interesting if he does, before you have to remind him?

csc

Postby csc » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:13 am

still no answer John funny that he can orchestrate the magazine but has doesn't know how much its costing one would have thought he would have it on his fingertips

john ford

Postby john ford » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:20 pm

This situation has got completely out of hand with the Chairman and Registrar. I truly believe that the time has come for someone in authority to bring this to a head, and very quickly. It took a very long time after much screaming and shouting from FARRIERS, before the big boys were bought in, which resulted in the FTS being bought to book and closed down. We shouldn't have to wait that long before this lot have someone kick their asses fucking hard to straighten things out.

csc

Postby csc » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:48 pm

Dear Stuart

The cost of the Bulletin (production and distribution) is £4,478.42p.

Best regards

David

Brigadier David Greenwood
Registrar
The Farriers Registration Council

john ford

Postby john ford » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:53 pm

And how much was the cost of the old one, which was also the question I asked?

csc

Postby csc » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:54 am

I don't think the cost would differ much as it would be the same for postage and printing just a couple more pages and a different style

john ford

Postby john ford » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:53 am

I don't think you have much idea between A4 sheets of paper using Microsoft Publisher and using a copier machine, against a Glossy magazine with coloured photos etc?

john ford

Postby john ford » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:25 pm

Stuart, after returning home today I did some calculations, and as you stated it turns out not so much as I thought. Based on official figures from May 2016 of 2841 farriers on the register, then adding on another 20 since that time, I came up with £1 . 56p per farrier for the FRC Bulletin. So on that basis I will shut up and concentrate on more urgent problems with the establishments controlling our industry.

john ford

Postby john ford » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:18 pm

Stuart, looking again at my calculations from my previous posting on the figures which you received from the FRCs registrar on the cost of the new farriers bulletin, I'm afraid to say he must be lying through his back teeth. Postage of the bulletin would be closer to a £1 to start with, and there are three to four bulletins sent out each year. You really need to do some checking up on this, as I have been talking to a publisher this weekend, and it doesn't add up.

csc

Postby csc » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:57 am

ok John so its 13 and a half k per year so what do you want the reps to do, the price that Green wood quoted I believe ok £1 for a stamp plus envelope possibly then printing costs, what it might not account is the value in time for administering

john ford

Postby john ford » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:35 am

Stuart, it sounds to me that you are happy with the costs that Greenwood gave you, and you are our representative so I will let this pass by. But just to remind you the publishers of Forge just went bust, and I can’t see other publishers following their route.

Return to “farriers discussion board”