Hunting ban

especially for horse owners to ask advice, from farriers or from other owners, all welcome, also please post details of lost or stolen horses here
malcolm tribe

Postby malcolm tribe » Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:09 pm

Proper discussion is possible if based on FACTS and not class warfare lines
you have lost all argumants based on scientific facts, Re burns report and this governments own reveiws. The act was only passed using a dubios parlimentry process. History will prove that this act is not only to the detriment of the fox and especially the exmoor deer population but is totally unenforceable. When it is proved to be unenforceable then the status quo will be re-established and the deer and fox population will return to its pre act numbers I only hope that not too many are culled to make this impossible but if this is so you the antis only have yourselfs and this biggoted government to blame.

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:05 pm

I've supplied facts, but it’s the class warfare accusation that has me really puzzled. I have a pocket full of titles - none of which I use - so what kind of a class warrior am I? Or am I a class traitor? :wink:

BG

slowhand

Postby slowhand » Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:50 am

I was out last Saturday, best turnout I've seen in over 30 years. I'm out on Wednesdays as a rule only half a dozen and when you're on a pointer with no brains its enough. Two policemen appeared in a local car about 1/4 mile from the meet and when we moved off they were never seen again. The funny bit was I shoe for both of them and one hunts!
When I got home I rang them up and we all had a good laugh. Anyway on a serious note when antis post on here remember they have an opinion as well as us and after Saturday I have had more discussions with people than ever before and I am genuinely surprised by the number who think this is a bill to protect foxes and are not aware that hunting is the only control that allows a 'close season'. "Oh I didn't know that" echoed time after time. The majority of people don't have an opinion one way or the other and do not know that the season is so short. Last night around a table in a local pub in town out of 8 blokes and 2 women from all walks of life only 2 of us had fired a gun so the difference between 3 inch magnum number 1 shot and .223 hollow point had to be explained along with snares, gas, poison the whole nine yards! Only the other shooter initially had an opinion "reluctantly for it" all the others were 50/50 'against/ not bothered' by the end of the discussion where no voices were raised and people listened to hard facts and not spin not one thought that flushing with 2 hounds and then blasting it with a shotgun was right and as our hunt catches 1 out of 3 all could see which one the fox would choose if the poor little sod had a chance to vote!!

malcolm tribe

Postby malcolm tribe » Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:56 pm

slowhand glad to hear that you succeeded with reasoned discussion with people ready to listen long may you continue.Was also out last sat on dartmoor you propably saw meet on tv fantasic turnout also spoke to folks that knew little about hunting and explained same points as you.
long may we continue and ignore the minds that wont listen

Return to “horseowners discussion board”