Just a horse!

especially for horse owners to ask advice, from farriers or from other owners, all welcome, also please post details of lost or stolen horses here
Dawn Tibble

Just a horse!

Postby Dawn Tibble » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:22 pm

I found this on another site and wanted to share it with you.

JUST A HORSE

From time to time, people tell me, "lighten up, it's just a horse," or, "that's a lot of money for just a horse".

They don't understand the distance traveled, the time spent or the costs involved for "just a horse." Some of my proudest moments have come about with "just a horse."

Many hours have passed and my only company was "just a horse," but I did not once feel slighted. Some of my saddest moments have been brought about by "just a horse," and in those days of darkness, the gentle touch of "just a horse" gave me comfort and reason to overcome the day.

If you think it's "just a horse," then you will probably understand phrases like "just a friend," "just a sunrise," or "just a promise."

"Just a horse" brings into my life the very essence of friendship, trust, and pure unbridled joy. "Just a horse" brings out the compassion and patience that make me a better person. Because of "just a horse" I will rise early, take long walks and look longingly to the future.

So for me and folks like me, it's not "just a horse" but an embodiment of all the hopes and dreams of the future, the fond memories of the past, and the pure joy of the moment.

"Just a horse" brings out what's good in me and diverts my thoughts away from myself and the worries of the day.

I hope that someday they can understand that it's not "just a horse" but the thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being "just a woman."

Anonymous

I would like to thank Jan Palmer for sharing it with us

regards
Dawn

slowhand

Postby slowhand » Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:44 pm

And people wonder why I drink! :drinking:

Dawn Tibble

Postby Dawn Tibble » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:49 am

Ah are you feeling left out slowhand, here it is to suit you;

JUST A Bottle

From time to time, people tell me, "lighten up, it's just a bottle," or, "that's a lot of money for just a bottle".

They don't understand the distance traveled, the time spent or the costs involved for "just a bottle." Some of my proudest moments have come about with "just a bottle."

Many hours have passed and my only company was "just a bottle," but I did not once feel slighted. Some of my saddest moments have been brought about by "just a bottle," and in those days of darkness, the gentle touch of "just a bottle" gave me comfort and reason to overcome the day.

If you think it's "just a bottle," then you will probably understand phrases like "just a glass" "just a gin," or "just a promise."

"Just a bottle" brings into my life the very essence of friendship, trust, and pure unbridled joy. "Just a bottle" brings out the compassion and patience that make me a better person. Because of "just a bottle" I will rise early, take long walks and look longingly to the future.

So for me and folks like me, it's not "just a bottle" but an embodiment of all the hopes and dreams of the future, the fond memories of the past, and the pure joy of the moment.

"Just a bottle" brings out what's good in me and diverts my thoughts away from myself and the worries of the day.

I hope that someday they can understand that it's not "just a bottle" but the thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being "just a man."

take care of that liver

regards
Dawn

slowhand

Postby slowhand » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:40 am

Ta! :drinking:

Return to “horseowners discussion board”