Check this out!

especially for horse owners to ask advice, from farriers or from other owners, all welcome, also please post details of lost or stolen horses here
LONGVIEW

Check this out!

Postby LONGVIEW » Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:53 pm

I had to laugh when I read this thread.

http://www.horseshoes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2490

slowhand

Postby slowhand » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:42 am

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha...me too! :drinking:

Giles

ha Ha

Postby Giles » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:04 am

There seems to be a little insecurity don't you think ?

cowboy_bc

Postby cowboy_bc » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:57 pm

Giles

"Yes here are a couple of British sites and fair warning, the topics which are few are mostly pointless and a waste of time. The farriers are rude, arrogant, backward, argumentative and totally unable to hold a constructive conversation. If were not getting it your in for a real experience with these folks. Have fun!"

Sort of describes your site to a tee.

Giles

Ha ha

Postby Giles » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:25 am

Yes I know Cowboy, Its the people that come on it from the USA don't you think. Bigoted, naive, insular,and narrow minded. Your insecurity shows by your refusal to accept that there are different people, ideas and places in the world other than your small group.

slowhand

Postby slowhand » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:42 am

Yeh! You tell 'im Gilesy :drinking:

cowboy_bc

Postby cowboy_bc » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:07 pm

Hi all,

Giles,

"Yes I know Cowboy, Its the people that come on it from the USA don't you think. Bigoted, naive, insular,and narrow minded. Your insecurity shows by your refusal to accept that there are different people, ideas and places in the world other than your small group"

You have just described your self again. Your the one that can't accept ideas other than your own and I think thats pretty clear to anyone visiting your site, duh.

Giles

ha ha

Postby Giles » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:34 pm

Why do you visit it then, You have been kicked off for you rudeness and language. You had to come on here because you cant get on mine, even with a false name. Grow up.

slowhand

Postby slowhand » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:05 pm

Gilesy...I have visited the U.S. of A and I was amazed at the number of correspondence courses available in FARRIERY. Two weeks and you get a certificate....the" LAND OF BE WHAT YOU WANT BE"...when you want to be it! Don't get involved with "COWBOYS" :drinking:

cowboy_bc

Postby cowboy_bc » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:28 pm

You all must talk just to hear yourself. And your point is what? Answer this then. Are your best farriers better than ours. Are your worst better than our worst. Per capita do our farriers lame more horse than in Britain. Are you farriers more sucessful at what the do than say a AFA certified farrier over here. Can you drink more beer than me.

I always say better a cowboy than a cowpie

Giles

he he

Postby Giles » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:36 pm

So Sad, so much insecurity, very touchy, every farrier is perfect in the USA. It shows by the number of times they have won the team championship (Nil). You know I have a lot of American friends, and I have met a lot of Americans who had never met me before, and on the whole they were kind, considerate, and helpfull, but I suppose like here you are going to find someone over the top and on the lunatic fringe.

cowboy_bc

Re: he he

Postby cowboy_bc » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:13 pm

No one has ever said that farriers in the USA are perfect but I can say were not all a bunch of loser's as you pointed out in one of your memorable rantings. There are various reasons why you folks win the competitions non of which are your british farriers are so much better. kind, considerate, and helpfull ya thats us. Folks looking for advice on our site will tell you just that. We like a good arguement and I don't think anyone has been banned or told to grow up for simply disagreeing.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:18 pm

Is Canada in the USA now? Has George been out invading again? He's such a naughty boy.

cowboy_bc

Postby cowboy_bc » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:11 pm

admin wrote:Is Canada in the USA now? Has George been out invading again? He's such a naughty boy.

That will have to wait until he's finished with the arabs, hee hee. Point is that AFA or BWF certification or farriery in general is the same here as it is in the USA. If you point the finger at them it's the same as pointing it at us.

Giles

he he ha ha

Postby Giles » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:37 am

Are so, But the original finger was not pointed at you alone, it was pointed at farriers in general all over. But then you only read stuff the way it suits you. As I said very touchy, there must be a reason. If you can't find the original posting, it was about the compulsory standards not being kept up to in the UK, and the fact that there was no compulsory standards in the USA unless you wanted one.

The fact that this was a true statement seemed to upset you. In the UK we know the standard set, and I find it disgusting that quite a few farriers after over 4 years training and they qualify do not keep at least to this if not improve. They can hardly say that they don't know what is required or how to apply it. In the states as you well know after a 2-12 week course with varying low standards, you are accepted as a Farrier and you are not required to improve, and i'm sure you must admit a lot don't

The truth often hurts. I am so sorry that you seem feel you are in among those I was pointing the finger at. but nothing will change until it is brought out into the open. Embarassing isn't it ?

Return to “horseowners discussion board”