Bury bad news at Christmas and FRC Committee Changeover

For farriers to raise concerns with elected Farriers Registration Council representative Peter Baker. Anonymous postings will be deleted.
PNB

Bury bad news at Christmas and FRC Committee Changeover

Postby PNB » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:49 pm

Registered Farriers,

I note with apprehension the proposals to change the protocols of the disciplinary processes of FRC in the latest FRC bulletin [ December 05]. Please don't let this item and the several others contained therein slip through unread and unchallenged.

Items of specific interest:-

1, Annual reports of FRC includes financial reports only to issued on request!! in future.

2, Consultation on discipline procedures, The objectives proposed match those of UKHSU, the methods however appear to dilute the defending farriers rights of defence. FRC will be consulting Knights and all other active solicitors involved in any proceedings in the last 3 years.

3, Conduct of disciplinary proceedings. Proposals to improve legislative framework, are a nightmare and need very serious debate, and seem to dilute the defences rights, giving the Chair of the disiplinary committee further power. This item needs careful consideration and consultation from respective solicitors before the craft pass it through.

4, Scottish farriers want the Farriers Registration Act to be extended to cover the Highlands and Islands.

5, Announcement of the role Farriery within the new Veterinary Surgeons Act. The formation of a working party, the council and WCF have been approached to see if they would like farriery to be regulated alongside vets. A route is being sought to introduce a Bill.

FRC feel changes and revision are needed to the Farriers Registration Acts as time has moved on. Should the craft be concerned??

6, Some of the costs of apprenticeship's to be born by ATF's.

These are only parts of a bulletin which needs very close scrutiny!!

Comments please.

PNB.

PNB

Postby PNB » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:49 pm

a b c

john ford

Postby john ford » Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:09 pm

You have lost me Peter, and many others I expect. Your posting is from 2005 bulletin, and what is ABC ?

PNB

Postby PNB » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:39 pm

Kids!! playing.

john ford

Postby john ford » Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:09 pm

What, potential farriers or jockey’s . If jockey’s I welcome them if they can ride 50/1 winners every now and again? that is if their father could let me know before the start.

Return to “farriers - contact your FRC rep”