What action should your representative take.

For farriers to raise concerns with elected Farriers Registration Council representative Peter Baker. Anonymous postings will be deleted.
PNB

What action should your representative take.

Postby PNB » Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:25 pm

PNB

Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:21 pm Post subject: What should your representative on FRC do.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PNB

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:20 am Post subject: Protocol, Revolution!! or Institutional Bullying.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John's Quote, "not be outside a closed door because you won't sign".

Everybody,

I wonder if the readers of this site would care to comment on the below numbered points:-

1, Can a lawfully elected member of FRC be prevented from sitting on council for refusing to sign a confidentially agreement ??.

2, Then would it be a lawfully constituted meeting.

3, If a lawfully elected member is PHYISICALLY REMOVED from an FRC meeting. Is the meeting then Lawfully constituted??

4, Being a public meeting can a member so ejected be prevented from sitting in the public gallery??

5, Can a lawfully elected member of FRC then be taken from the public gallery and placed outside a closed door??

6,If a farrier member is removed do you think /for see that his fellow craftsmen or some other members on council would walk out of the meeting??

7, As a registered Farrier would you wish your peers on council to take this action??

8, How much conviction should your lawfully elected member show if this were to happen.

9, In the above situations, What should we wish our elected member to do?? Physical removal may prove difficult, if we direct them to remain!!

Fordy, I suppose you could always be speaking in metaphors, which is it??.

PNB.

PNB

A response.

Postby PNB » Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:27 pm

PNB

Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:40 pm Post subject:

John Ford.

Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:22 pm.

Ok Peter, I will try my best but I am not one that is academic enough to use long words to explain, nor do I have at hand the actual rule book as to proceedings of the FRC meetings. All I can do is use history of events, and my knowledge gained whilst speaking to many members sitting on committees such as FRC, FTS, JFTC, WCF, over a period of time.
(1)I don’t know if a representative can lawfully be prevented from sitting on council if they refuse to sign a confidentiality agreement. Yet surely if this were allowed any subjects that may seem in any way confidential at the time would either be discussed amongst those who have signed before a full meeting, or the member that refused would be asked to leave for a period of time until that business had been completed. Just another point here though. I’m sure if you succeeded in changing this confidentiality signing agreement. It would drive many confidential subjects discussed, behind closed doors, rather than having an open debate.
(2)This is a difficult one to answer because what constitutes a legal meeting. Even in a court of law, the judge can order the jury or anyone to leave the courtroom whilst a subject of confidentiality is discussed between those involved in a case.
Likewise the same applies to the viewing public gallery at the House of Commons. And an MP can be evicted by the speaker of the house if he/she breaks certain rules.
(3)I honestly do think that my last answer to this question is the same. I do wonder if this would constitute a form of unprofessional conduct, but then again these are only words and can’t see what they could do about it apart from sending that person to Coventry whilst the meeting continues.
(4)Well I suppose the member could sit in the public gallery, but that member could not take part in any of the proceedings, and would be treated just the same if a confidential matter arouse, where as the chairman could instruct the public gallery to leave whilst the subject was being debated.
(5)As I said in the beginning, I don’t have the FRC rule book in front of me, so why don’t you try it and see what happens. If nothing else it will make interesting reading in the FRC bulletin.
(6)In order for other members to back another in any dispute by walking out of a meeting to show solidarity. That member must first have a very good relationship with all other members, personally and professionally. So that one rests in your court Peter.
(7)Well Peter this is a difficult one to answer in many ways. As a registered farrier I would like to see more solidarity between members of council to stop things such as, unqualified (To UK Standards) farriers entering this country and setting up business. Also a change in the act to stop these so called hoof trimmers such as Strasser. And for the council to pay all a farriers expenses if he/she is not found guilty in a disciplinary case, regardless of a farriers insurance policy against such events occurring.
(A member can have all the conviction in the world Peter and can be commended for it, but unless that member has the same conviction from the majority of other members, he can do nothing to change anything.
(9)As I said before a member is better sitting around the same table as others debating, arguing, and trying to convince others to come over to his side of the argument, than being left out in the cold without a voice for those farriers who elected him to do a job for them.

John Ford.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John,

That's great, We evidently share a massive amount of concepts, and I feel you are right. Your recently elected members could spend the next three years in a pointless war with the administrative body or try unite the working farriers sitting on council and develop a unified route forwards for the good of the craft.

I know JT was working very hard towards the second objective and he had TGH [ Terry said so ] on his side in that respect. It was reported that these objectives proved difficult to achieve, which it appears meets your opinion of things FRC.

I feel unified working craftsmen's input at council is essential if we are to arrest control of our own craft from [ the grey people ], [ perhaps I better drop that description now!! ], CIVILAN MEMBERS and the senior employee of council. I am really hoping SJC will have a massive craft unifying effect. The trust of the craft must be rebuilt ,a restructuring to build the waned trust between FRC, NAFBAE members, and the WCF. I hope to be part of it, WE WILL SEE.

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

PNB.

PS, Anybody !!

Return to “farriers - contact your FRC rep”