Various reviews by FRC notes, rules, proceedures and Guides

For farriers to raise concerns with elected Farriers Registration Council representative Peter Baker. Anonymous postings will be deleted.
PNB

Various reviews by FRC notes, rules, proceedures and Guides

Postby PNB » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:31 pm

All,

Today I received my manual of words from FRC which demonstrates to me an autocratic diktat. A large file which really is to a great degree USELESS.

I will explain why I say it is autocratic and useless!!

Approximately 3/4 of it is tabbed up, "These notes are under review", "These rules are under review", " These procedures are under review", These guides are under review" / All followed by, "revisions will be issued once agreed by ---------- Registration Council".

I just wonder are these documents secret, is the craft allowed an input?? Will these changes be put in place at the next AGM, 1st March 06 ?? They will be highly craft critical no doubt.

In the very near recent past MWN has walked, in the near future the chair of council is changing as are 2 or even 3 of your elected members on council. I ask will your new novice members of council be expected to work within an untried and untested framework of regulation??

So much for the obligation for openness insisted upon with the recommendations of the NOLAN committee , within his principles of standards of public life.

I have just signed up to them, due to an obligation placed upon me byway of my election to FRC!! Do these standards [specifically with regards to openness] not apply across the whole spectrum of The Registration Council??

Am I missing something here??

This item I suppose is par for the courses, The Craft got NVQ's it didn't want. It got a new set of rules the contents of which are so ambiguous a horses and cart could be driven through them. The meeting of ATF's on 25th August 2004 unanimously rejected CRBs, and existing ATF status re-evaluation, in fact a unanimously agreed formal proposal regarding the perpetuity of existing ATF status got lost and unrecorded completely!!. Come on Nolan where are you!!

PNB.

Return to “farriers - contact your FRC rep”