Fallout from FRC meeting 1st March 2006. [1].

For farriers to raise concerns with elected Farriers Registration Council representative Peter Baker. Anonymous postings will be deleted.
PNB

Fallout from FRC meeting 1st March 2006. [1].

Postby PNB » Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:12 am

Blanket CRB checks inappropriate for farriers !!

All,

It seems it is now official, CRB checks are dead in the water from a farriery view point, all I can say is good the door has been firmly shut in the face of this disastrous political / big brother move that caused so much bad feeling towards the farriery administrative body.

It was announced that FRC have been allowed to enter into another facet of data regarding serious criminal activity by a farrier craftsmen. The FRC have won the right that at the discretion of chief officers of individual police forces should a farrier be convicted of an offence that is so gross that it will interfere with the element welfare of his ability to trade and / or the safety of the public, FRC will receive a formal notification.

On the face of it and provided this is all of it I would run with this one.

Any comments??

PNB.
Last edited by PNB on Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Giles

Conduct

Postby Giles » Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:08 am

Peter,
Who defines gross etc ?

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:39 am

I can just imagine Chief constables all over the country thinking, well this is a bad un, I must notify the FRC! It is not going to happen.

But what would the FRC do with the information? On past form if it is a paedophile for example MWN will give him an apprenticeship and won't tell anyone about it. So what good is that?

john ford

Postby john ford » Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:23 am

Whilst you were at the meeting Peter, did you get the chance to tell the FRC to keep to the things that they were set up for. That being the health and safety of the horse whilst being shod?

PNB

Postby PNB » Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:48 pm

John,

I think they got that message.

PNB.

Return to “farriers - contact your FRC rep”