Fall out FRC meeting 1st March 2006, [4].

For farriers to raise concerns with elected Farriers Registration Council representative Peter Baker. Anonymous postings will be deleted.
PNB

Fall out FRC meeting 1st March 2006, [4].

Postby PNB » Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:02 pm

Stuart,

Thank you for your point by point report of the above meeting. I will attempt to continue to develop Stuarts observation's in the form of a daily blog.

Farriery Training Agency Management Board. "You will never stand alone".

We heard at the meeting that the plan to separate FRC and FTS its satellite training body which has been in place for a few years cannot happen. The FTAMB we were told at an earlier meeting this was soon to be run as a private and separate entity. In reality it seems that apart from handing its management over to MWN and a board nothing has changed. MWN even still actually is employed by FRC. The reason given for the current non separation state was understood by Stuart to be FTA needed to establish its self over a period of time, that may be part of it.

A private briefing during lunch gave a better perception of the reality. It seems the LSC [the funding agency] will not finance training if the FTAMB were to separate from FRC.

It raises a very serious comment regarding the management of FRC FTS's finances, why was £20k+ of registration fees [Stuarts Comment]spent on the separation of FTS from FRC to the new FTAMB when it could never in fact happen. Would it not have been prudent to first establish that the LSC would support such a separation?? before spending £20k+ of hard won funds. Can we as a craft afford for our registration fees to be wasted on blind exercises??

A recorded FRC trading loss during the last year of £25k may be a coincidence. Increased costs may have actually distorted the budget forecasts made for FRC , these costs were attributed to the very high spend on disiplinary hearings during the accounting year. In the financial report although recorded little emphasis was made of the fact £20k appears to have been blown on a non runner which did in fact come under starters orders, until questioned from the floor.

Stuart records the question was asked was the £20k+ going to be clawed back from the funds [£315+k that are being held for FTAMB] previously held in the FTS accounts, the answer was it could not be clawed back!! I will at the next FRC meeting ask on behalf of the registration fee contributing farriers who elected me to council, WHY NOT??

PNB.

PS, How should I proceed.

cliff barnes

Postby cliff barnes » Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:03 am

Peter

You were told at the meeting by the lady chairwomen that the split had already been voted on and passed by previous council meetings....!

Unfortunatley they had a full disclosure of facts which we can all see in the previous minutes of the meetings.

What you now need to be doing is to keep a keen eye on whats happening within the FTA, I myself do not know what has taken place between you and Mr Williamson-Noble but it seems apparent from these pages and your obvious dislike for the man at the meeting that you would argue that black was white with him............................!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cliff

Giles

Postby Giles » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:06 am

Cliff,
If MWN says it is black, on past record you will know it is white without any proof required. This man is a disaster to both us Farriers and the WCF. Why they appointed him I don’t know, lack of judgement you could say. But to keep him after seeing what he is capable of is even worse. You must understand that anything MWN does or says has nothing to do with the Farriers or horses welfare, but evrything to do with MWN welfare and position.

cliff barnes

Postby cliff barnes » Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:47 pm

Giles

We all make mistakes.. and some are worse than others..

At this present moment the man is the man and untill he cocks up to the point he does something to be sacked for then we need to make sure we are aware to the best of our abilities what he is up to..

That doesn't mean anyone should take out a personal vendetta against the guy..

He holds an awful lot of knowledge about our industry and seems to be in very high positions accross Euroupe now... So do we allienate him or try to use him to our benifit. Obviously he will also be looking out for him self at the same time...but if we know that then we can progress forward in a way that may suit us all, without all the bitching and child like name calling.......!!!

Cliff

PNB

Postby PNB » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:36 pm

Cliff,

So I don't like the man, but I am one of the crafts mouth pieces on FRC now, there are three people here telling you we have a problem, that's with out me !! Several others are watching closely who seem to feel the same way.

So I over played my hand last Wednesday, but he did get seriously caught doctoring the report of the RCVS / WCF meeting, a point you missed but several FRC members were at that WCF RCVS meeting, some or maybe all were aware what the function of the meeting was and of the non democratic slant that was put in his report. It needed the chair to close ranks with him and cover his back side.

The fact was we were all guests a motley crew maybe, but it must have been seen as the height of rudeness to be a guest of the WCF which he was and then call into doubt their guest list and openly at FRC misconstrue the WCF meetings function.

Still it is important that I know how you feel. I was pleased to hear you were in the future going to play a role in farriery politics, I wish you well its one hellish job.

PNB.
Last edited by PNB on Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Giles

Misleaders

Postby Giles » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:51 pm

Sorry Cliff,
I think you are typical of what he is about, I see you are mislead like others across the board. If you think you can use him, I think you have another think coming. I have not called him names, I just describe him as I, and others see him. When he answers ALL questions then perhaps this man might be taken seriously as a person with farriers and Horses as his first job. He is not on these other councils etc because of what he knows, he is there because he has used his position in the FRC to impress others unfortunately. Have you really thought who these so called important people are in these other groups, how many do you know ? Most of these people are professional committee members, and any committee will do as long as they are on it. The fact that MWN is more expert than they are is not to be taken as a recommendation. Don’t forget he was hired to run an office, and that is all. The fact that he has taken it upon himself to do other things, because he sees the opportunity before anyone else by being there is not down to knowledge of the subject, just opportunism.

cliff barnes

Postby cliff barnes » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:30 am

Giles/Peter

I have no belief that we can USE the man, but we are aware the games he is playing, my belief is that if we have a small understanding of what the man is upto then through the appropriate channels we MAY be able to direct him for our industries benifits. By NAME calling and attacking him openly in council meetings, or anywhere else for that matter(this website), will cause the man to try and conceal even more of what he is upto. surley a more tactful approach to the issue is required while he still holds the positions that he does..!

Oh and do remeber that although he has been caught out once he is a clever man, and maybe just maybe keeps a close eye on what is posted on this site.... I am sure that I will notice a difference after what I have printed here........he will be more guarded...... Knowing that this is the case do you still fell it appropiate even if you don't like the man to continue this verbal diarrhoea of abuse towards him.....?

Look outside the BOX gentleman

Cliff

Giles

name calling

Postby Giles » Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:46 am

Cliff,
Its all very well saying don’t call him names, I didn’t think I had. What I did was in my opinion say that he was not up to the job and should be replaced. I am sure he looks at these web site ( this is not the only one ) but so do other people, who I think have every right to know what is going on. These are not only farriers, and I am sure that if they don’t see the site will have its content passed on to them.

With hindsight these these people will realise what is going on and what has gone on. They will also know what the feeling is of the rank and file of farriers is. I don’t think up all these comments and remarks by myself, but I am retired and am bomb proof, they on the other hand feel they are not and so need a mouth piece. I don’t necessarily agree with all the remarks, but they are believed by these people and need uttering.

I seem to be the elected person to fulfil this position and as a union member feel that it is part of my duties. I do meet these non-farrier people in another life and the fact the queries are made shows to me that they do see and are interested in what is going on. Hiding them in the hopes of getting something on MWN will not change things, but either he will change or they will change him. I don’t mind if he stays for ever as long as he does the duties that he was employed for, at least this one is intelligent, though his judgement is very suspect.

Of course he does not need to make judgements, just to carry out the wishes of the committee. He in my opinion is not there to direct the committee nor is the chair man/ woman/person. Any decision made without the consent of the committee is in my opinion illegal and this is where I have a big problem myself with him/her or anyone else who wants to usurp powers that is not theirs.

Return to “farriers - contact your FRC rep”