Open letter to FRC. Rules of FRC and FTA, CARP.

For farriers to raise concerns with elected Farriers Registration Council representative Peter Baker. Anonymous postings will be deleted.
PNB

Open letter to FRC. Rules of FRC and FTA, CARP.

Postby PNB » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:53 pm

Open letter to The Registrar FRC.

Felicity,

The version of the FRC rules that you refer to are simply illegal, as they do not conform to current human rights legislation. I make this observation in respect of the rights of a member subject of complaint who is/was not permitted either to speak in his own defence, have formal representation or even a formal independent hearing.

Further more the same applies to the FTA CARP policy, again the UK remains a democratic state within Europe with the normal rules of democracy applying. The way both the rules of council and the FTA CARP policy are presently implemented may well work in Communist China an autocratic entity but not here. My feeling being to continue with the CARP route upheld by FTA, and rules you uphold in this correspondence is walking down a road to disaster. It is a fact Mr Weston and his audit committee in a formal document approved by Council, have cautioned you thus, so it can not possibly be defended.

Carp, and the rules of council must from my view point be suspended. I personally cannot be seen to be a party to such undemocratic and probably if not certainly unlawful protocols and must publicly voice my objections.

P N Baker.

PNB

Postby PNB » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:34 am

Alex,

Your input would be much appreciated here.

PNB.

john ford

Postby john ford » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:57 pm

Peter, you have an argument for European law when it suites you, but are opposed to European law when it doesn't. I refer to the law of free movement of farriers within the European Union that we all have been debating. I myself am totally against the European Union, and the so called common market and have always been so, and out of principle would never use it for my own ends, no matter what the cause.

PNB

Postby PNB » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:12 pm

John,

So you feel UK state members only have human rights under European Legislation, sorry but it matters not it is our law now.

John, the UK is the 26th state of the EU, Europe is here mate, its a fact we are part of it.

I have no gripe with other Europeans coming here to work or us going there at will, that is provided they/we can do so safely and can prove our competencies to do a safe job.

The ability to shoe horses without causing them suffering, formed the basis for our appeal, nothing else.

There is in place a European Standard for our craft. We are informed it is below the standard expected for the Dip WCF. The name of the standard is "Euro Farrier", we were as a craft not involved in setting this up, it was arranged for us mate, I am told by Dave Gulley and MWN in the guise of being NAFB&AE reps on EFFA.

This whole matter was flagged up by a UKHSU Netherlands member, and that is how it seems it is presently. FRC and FTA have said very little, in all probability it will remain thus until it is a done deal.

Good or bad it leaves our craft little latitude but to go along with it. I understand qualifications attained in I think in 7 EU states will automatically qualify working craftsmen for a "Euro Farrier" status.

Its still a bit sketchy currently, but I suspect this posting will bring it all to a head!! Now the cat has stuck its head out of the bag.

PNB.

PNB

We are not simply talking about a part 5 entry.

Postby PNB » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:00 am

All,

Come on boys someone must have some feelings about one/all [??] of the EU qualifications for farriers to enter onto the UK register of Farriers being reduced to that of "EURO FARRIER" .

Lord Rooker DEFRA, admitted the requisite to become a EURO FARRIER would in real terms be a lower standard than currently in the UK.

Personally I don't know how I feel about that, I am very pained about the way FTA under the stewardship of Williamson-Noble has treated us. Seemingly/hopefully that is about to change, all the correct noises are being spoken about here and hopefully heard !!

A "EURO Farrier" route does give our youngsters, those who wish to be farriers, a bit of flexibility!! as to which route they can choose to get registered, the UK route of working for 5 years 2 months "[SJC]" as trainees + apprentices, being paid "Below The National Minimum Wage" under a £3000 bond, or one of the other EU routes!!

PNB.

Return to “farriers - contact your FRC rep”