DEFRA

this forum is mainly for farriers - all are welcome but don't enter if you are easily offended!

Moderator: admin

csc

DEFRA

Postby csc » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:58 am

yesterday three elected members of council visited the DEFRA offices to speak with Mr Eustace enquiring about the farriers bill, at this point I would like to explain that the farrier members of council were frozen out of the WCF meeting as reported in the forge magazine and deceived about the date and time being told it had been cancelled.
we will be producing our report for everyone to see as soon as it has been proofed hopefully the back end of this weekend as we do believe in openness and transparency.

PNB

Re: DEFRA

Postby PNB » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:32 am

All,

Something a bit strange has happened!! Well for me anyway.

The charge/council cost of for a licence by Westminster council was challenged by Hemings an employer of Sex Shop workers, in the courts on the grounds the charge/cost for its licence was axcessive. The court upheld the cost of Charge in favour of Westminster council. Hemings appealed against the decision and won the appeal. That decision seems to be pivotal for registration fee usage by the FRC,(we are so told).

The appeal to the high court is an expensive process. Hemings seemingly needed help!! This is the irregular Bit from my view point!! FRC it seems threw £5,000 into Hemings Hat to assist the above appeal,which was it seems £5,000 of consolidated Farriers Registration Fees. My quetion is how did it happen that FRC funds were used to support an appeal against a ruling against Westminster Council by an Employer of SEX SHOP WORKERS??

For future reference see the case Hemings v Westminster Council.

I feel this needs a full written explanation!!

PNB.

csc

Postby csc » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:04 pm

my understanding frc paid 6k in support of the respondent s Westminster council as interveners

PNB

Postby PNB » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:35 pm

Cheers Stuart,

So that is how it worked, FRC so then paid £6k of farriers registration fees to Westminster Council to help them lose an appeal by Hemmings.

That makes even less sense to me.

PNB.

csc

Postby csc » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:57 am

I believe they won in the end

Return to “farriers discussion board”